Re: [patriotzip] Mailing address problems??

  • Will Taylor
    Message 1 of 7 , May 7, 2004
      I'd really like an answer to that question. As an
      ex-serviceman who is currently living in the south I
      joined this forum to stay in touch with my beloved
      Pats. Having to delete 20 emails a day to read one is
      getting pretty frustrating

    • rob.bosch@rcn.com
      Message 2 of 7 , May 7, 2004
        My guess is that somebody on this list sends e-mail to
        feedback@... whenever they send an e-mail to
        patriotzip@yahoogroups.com. In other words, it's part of an
        e-mail distribution group for somebody on this list. Since
        the feedback@... e-mail address is no longer vaild,
        it sends a response back to patriotzip@yahoogroups.com
        saying the address is no longer valid. Unfortunately, we all
        get that response.

        I know...that's a very confusing explanation. I'm not even
        sure that's the cause of the problem, but it's my best
        guess. It would be somebody that posts messages quite often.
        If you post to this message board frequently, please look
        through your address book and see if you have an entry for
        feedback@.... If you do, please delete it.
        Hopefully, I'm right and this very annoying problem will go
        away.

        -Rob
      • Nicole Denae Stolpa
        Message 3 of 7 , May 7, 2004
          feedback@... is a member of the list. The address must no longer
          be valid, and instead of bouncing the message (and having Yahoo
          automatically suspend the address), it sends the email out to the list
          (making Yahoo think the address is still active). The address needs to be
          manually removed by a moderator.

          nicole

          At 10:25 PM 5/7/2004 -0400, you wrote:
          >My guess is that somebody on this list sends e-mail to
          >feedback@... whenever they send an e-mail to
          >patriotzip@yahoogroups.com. In other words, it's part of an
          >e-mail distribution group for somebody on this list. Since
          >the feedback@... e-mail address is no longer vaild,
          >it sends a response back to patriotzip@yahoogroups.com
          >saying the address is no longer valid. Unfortunately, we all
          >get that response.
          >
          >I know...that's a very confusing explanation. I'm not even
          >sure that's the cause of the problem, but it's my best
          >guess. It would be somebody that posts messages quite often.
          >If you post to this message board frequently, please look
          >through your address book and see if you have an entry for
          >feedback@.... If you do, please delete it.
          >Hopefully, I'm right and this very annoying problem will go
          >away.
          >
          >-Rob
          >

          >To unsubscribe from Zip's New England Patriots Fan Group, send an email to:
          >

          >Yahoo! Groups Links

        • Randy Z Pierce
          Message 4 of 7 , May 8, 2004
            The problem should be solved now.

            One of the list members deleted use of their email and set a forward message which the list software wasn't astute enough to correct.  The user was removed and you should no longer experience this problem.

            Sent: Friday, May 07, 2004 7:54 PM
            Subject: Re: [patriotzip] Mailing address problems??

            --- Steve Basile <avatar@...> wrote:
            > Why do I get 5 or 10 of these error messages every
            > time someone posts to the
            > list?
            >

            > --
            > Steve Basile
            > Manager
            > B.D. Riley's Irish Pub
            > "Think Global, Drink Local"
            > Web: www.bdrileys.com

            > active.  Please visit
            > send us a message.  --

            > Fan Group, send an email to:

          • Buh Buh KEn
            Message 5 of 7 , May 8, 2004
              If you just block feedback@... you shouldn't get those messages
              anymore, should work until it gets worked out and changes go through.

              Buh Buh KEn

              Message 6 of 7 , May 11, 2004
                Thanks Zip