Re: [patriotzip] Mailing address problems??

  • Steve Basile
    Message 1 of 7 , May 6, 2004
      Re: [patriotzip] Mailing address problems?? Why do I get 5 or 10 of these error messages every time someone posts to the list?

      --
      Steve Basile
      Manager

      > On 5/6/04 17:26, "feedback@..." <feedback@...> wrote:
      >
      > We're sorry, this e-mail address is no longer active.  Please visit
      > http://www.patsfans.com/contact/ if you wish to send us a message.  --
      > PatsFans.com Management

    • Will Taylor
      Message 2 of 7 , May 7, 2004
        I'd really like an answer to that question. As an
        ex-serviceman who is currently living in the south I
        joined this forum to stay in touch with my beloved
        Pats. Having to delete 20 emails a day to read one is
        getting pretty frustrating

      • rob.bosch@rcn.com
        Message 3 of 7 , May 7, 2004
          My guess is that somebody on this list sends e-mail to
          feedback@... whenever they send an e-mail to
          patriotzip@yahoogroups.com. In other words, it's part of an
          e-mail distribution group for somebody on this list. Since
          the feedback@... e-mail address is no longer vaild,
          it sends a response back to patriotzip@yahoogroups.com
          saying the address is no longer valid. Unfortunately, we all
          get that response.

          I know...that's a very confusing explanation. I'm not even
          sure that's the cause of the problem, but it's my best
          guess. It would be somebody that posts messages quite often.
          If you post to this message board frequently, please look
          through your address book and see if you have an entry for
          feedback@.... If you do, please delete it.
          Hopefully, I'm right and this very annoying problem will go
          away.

          -Rob
        • Nicole Denae Stolpa
          Message 4 of 7 , May 7, 2004
            feedback@... is a member of the list. The address must no longer
            be valid, and instead of bouncing the message (and having Yahoo
            automatically suspend the address), it sends the email out to the list
            (making Yahoo think the address is still active). The address needs to be
            manually removed by a moderator.

            nicole

            At 10:25 PM 5/7/2004 -0400, you wrote:
            >My guess is that somebody on this list sends e-mail to
            >feedback@... whenever they send an e-mail to
            >patriotzip@yahoogroups.com. In other words, it's part of an
            >e-mail distribution group for somebody on this list. Since
            >the feedback@... e-mail address is no longer vaild,
            >it sends a response back to patriotzip@yahoogroups.com
            >saying the address is no longer valid. Unfortunately, we all
            >get that response.
            >
            >I know...that's a very confusing explanation. I'm not even
            >sure that's the cause of the problem, but it's my best
            >guess. It would be somebody that posts messages quite often.
            >If you post to this message board frequently, please look
            >through your address book and see if you have an entry for
            >feedback@.... If you do, please delete it.
            >Hopefully, I'm right and this very annoying problem will go
            >away.
            >
            >-Rob
            >

            >To unsubscribe from Zip's New England Patriots Fan Group, send an email to:
            >

            >Yahoo! Groups Links

          • Randy Z Pierce
            Message 5 of 7 , May 8, 2004
              The problem should be solved now.

              One of the list members deleted use of their email and set a forward message which the list software wasn't astute enough to correct.  The user was removed and you should no longer experience this problem.

              Sent: Friday, May 07, 2004 7:54 PM
              Subject: Re: [patriotzip] Mailing address problems??

              --- Steve Basile <avatar@...> wrote:
              > Why do I get 5 or 10 of these error messages every
              > time someone posts to the
              > list?
              >

              > --
              > Steve Basile
              > Manager
              > B.D. Riley's Irish Pub
              > "Think Global, Drink Local"
              > Web: www.bdrileys.com

              > active.  Please visit
              > send us a message.  --

              > Fan Group, send an email to:

            • Buh Buh KEn
              Message 6 of 7 , May 8, 2004
                If you just block feedback@... you shouldn't get those messages
                anymore, should work until it gets worked out and changes go through.

                Buh Buh KEn

                Message 7 of 7 , May 11, 2004
                  Thanks Zip