2005 draft

  • Joseph Theban
    Message 1 of 3 , May 6, 2004
      Crazy, I know - I'm already evaluating the Patriots' needs for the 2005 draft.

      In my opinion, as of today, the Patriots' biggest needs are corner, inside/middle linebacker, and offensive line (not that I have anything against Ashworth, but I'd love to see the Pats get a "road grader" right tackle for a power running game).

      Do you Yahoo!?
    • Randy Z Pierce
      Message 2 of 3 , May 7, 2004
        I think we are hard pressed to fully understand the 2005 Draft at this point.  It's reasonable to speculate based on the team's current weakness but that weakness could just as easily be a strength by this time next year.  Between Free Agency after June 1 as well as next year it becomes challenging.  By then various current roster players may also have emerged.

        At ILB, I'm very hopeful Dan Klecko will emerge strong this season.  I think he's an ideal replacement for Ted Johnson over the next few years.  At Corner we've taken players every year for the last umpteen years and some have emerged while others fell woefully short.  Law's status as well as the safety projects (aka moving Wilson potential) combine with guys lise Samuels to leave us with much unknown.

        Ultimately, I'm too excited about the talent on display for this season.  I worry a bit about our O-line presently but in Bill I trust.  I think he has the QB and tools to work with a lesser line and so chose that risk.

        Sent: Thursday, May 06, 2004 9:02 PM
        Subject: [patriotzip] 2005 draft

      • PatsWickedPissah@aol.com
        Message 3 of 3 , May 7, 2004
          In a message dated 5/7/04 9:54:59 AM Eastern Daylight Time, alaric02@... writes:

          At ILB, I'm very hopeful Dan Klecko will emerge strong this season.  I think he's an ideal replacement for Ted Johnson over the next few years.  At Corner we've taken players every year for the last umpteen years and some have emerged while others fell woefully short.  Law's status as well as the safety projects (aka moving Wilson potential) combine with guys lise Samuels to leave us with much unknown.

          Ultimately, I'm too excited about the talent on display for this season.  I worry a bit about our O-line presently but in Bill I trust.

          I wonder if that really IS the plan for Klecko.  We've already heard that Warren was asked  to drop 20 LBS to play DE and he D-I-D.  But nothing about Klecko.  Nada.  As to OL I have to think that Dante and BB are looking for post June cuts to acquire servicable vets for a year or maybe two.