Re: [patriotzip] Re: B+

  • Joseph Theban
    Message 1 of 6 , May 3 5:08 PM
      WILFORK!

      If he stays healthy and under 350 pounds, Vince Wilfork is the best player in this draft!  I can't believe he fell to us - he's the guy I wanted all along.  He'll have a major impact (maybe not in tackles, sacks, etc. but in tying up blockers and stuffing the run).

      Adding Marquise Hill later was a steal, too.  The Patriots have the best defensive line in the NFL.

      On April 24, 2004, my draft dreams came true!

      Mark/JW <packy001@...> wrote:
      Throw in Bailey (because it was 6th Rd pick this year)
      and it is no question an A+!

      How many Dlimeman 25 or under do we have?  How many
      starting O lineman are 25 or under? hhhhhhhmmmmmm

      Watson's selection should be looked at three other
      ways.  One he is as fast or faster and physically
      bigger, has a vertical leap higher than most of the
      WR's selected in the first round.  Second, compare him
      to that jerk Kellen Winslow.  His statistics are
      eerily similar, playing for a team that doesn't throw
      the ball, and he had a high ankl;e sprain that cost
      him two games and probably effected him during the
      others. If Watson had played at Miami, under the
      national spotlight every game, and had a HOF father,
      he would have been the #1 pick and not Eli Manning.
      Third, think of the mismatches of Watson as either the
      FB/HB or 2nd TE.  Think of him splitting out wide and
      suddenlt becoming the Big receiver.  Think of the
      redzone possibilities!  Think of the play action
      passes, when the Patriots have a legit running threat
      in Cory Dillon.

      Just win the next one!

      Do you Yahoo!?
    • Joseph Theban
      Message 2 of 6 , May 10 4:44 PM
        WILFORK!

        If he stays healthy and under 350 pounds, Vince Wilfork is the best player in this draft!  I can't believe he fell to us - he's the guy I wanted all along.  He'll have a major impact (maybe not in tackles, sacks, etc. but in tying up blockers and stuffing the run).

        Adding Marquise Hill later was a steal, too.  The Patriots have the best defensive line in the NFL.

        On April 24, 2004, my draft dreams came true!

        cepheus42@... wrote:
        Ben Coates.  'Nuff said.  ;)

        >         How come we never had players like this for Drew?
        >

        > -bill  [ PATS  12 ]

        Do you Yahoo!?