The Parade & Rally

  • George R
    Message 1 of 2 , May 1, 2004
      ***** Thanks to Bob George, I just saw the parade broadcast by Fox Sports Net for the first time. Thanks for the DVD copy, Bob. It worked perfectly!

      ***** I have to say that I thought the FSN coverage sucked this year. First of all, there was an hour of babble by Gary and Greg before the parade even began, about 15 minutes of which was worth hearing. I don't know why they couldn't have had more of their prior interview stuff, or more replays from the playoffs to burn up some of that time. Poor preparation. I'll credit them for at least doing their best to fill while waiting for the late parade to get moving.

      ***** Once the boats started moving, things didn't get a whole lot better. Two years ago, they had a lot of shots during the parade of several of the boats. This year, they only focused on the lead boat. It was great to see Pioli, BB, Kraft, and Brady greeting the crowds, and waving the Lombardis. But why couldn't they have had a side camera or two to give us more of the rest of the team during the long parade route? The same view of the same faces, while Gary and Greg continued to babble, did get old. The one comment that Greg made that I loved was a suggestion to have them run the boats into and along the Charles for the next parade! Now that would be one hell of a history making victory parade!

      ***** Finally, they did reach the stage. That celebration was great! The people of Boston know how to throw a parade and rally! The comments by the players were fantastic. It's so obvious that they genuinely appreciate the fans of New England. The sad note was watching Ty Law get into it, and asking myself, for the umteenth time, why a man making millions of dollars can't be happy with such money, when he has the opportunity to share an experience like that, and a region of fans like ours. I won't dwell on it. We've covered that ground ad nauseum. But I confess that I truly do not understand his (and others) mindset or values. Who the f*#% cares about whether a contract is for $15 million or $20 million? You can eat with either amount!

      ***** But I want to end on the positive note of what a great party that was. The feelings of the championship came roaring back up in me as I watched. And, to quote the title of Phil's favorite song, "What A Feeling!"

      ***** Now, it's on to my first viewing of "Three Games To Glory III". I'm looking forward to that after all I've read here about it.

      Thanks again, Bob!

      ** & The Patriots dynasty has begun! **
    • Bob George
      Message 2 of 2 , May 1, 2004
        > ***** Thanks to Bob George, I just saw the parade broadcast by Fox Sports
        Net for the first time. Thanks for the DVD copy, Bob. It worked perfectly!

        DVD-R does not work on all rigs, that's why I needed to know. Glad you
        received it.

        > ***** I have to say that I thought the FSN coverage sucked this year.
        First of all, there was an hour of babble by Gary and Greg before the parade
        even began, about 15 minutes of which was worth hearing. I don't know why
        they couldn't have had more of their prior interview stuff, or more replays
        from the playoffs to burn up some of that time. Poor preparation. I'll
        credit them for at least doing their best to fill while waiting for the late
        parade to get moving.

        In defense of these guys, they are probably scared to death that they will
        run out of things to babble about. You perhaps don't know how hard babbling
        is to do (my wife is good at it), especially when you have to fill that kind
        of time in front of several thousand viewers. All things considered (and
        Dickerson was battling laryngitis), not bad. Ditto for staying focused on
        the lead boat, logistically that's all they really can do except for that
        one vantage point at the Four Seasons where they did show all boats.

        What I found amusing was everyone trying to figure out who was that girl
        with Brady in the lead boat. As it turned out it was BB's daughter.
        Dickerson did openly pine for Bridget Moynahan.

        Bob G