Re: Kraft on NFL Total Access

  • frankdanabrewster
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 31, 2004
      --- In patriotzip@yahoogroups.com, Joseph Theban <jtheban@y...> wrote:
      > I'd like to see more playoff teams because if, for example the Pats
      finish 9-7 but lose the division, and Denver wins the AFC West with a
      9-7 record but plays an easier schedule, why should the Broncos go?
      There's too much emphasis on a division title. Just seed all teams.

      It's a tough call, but until we have a 31 game season, someone is
      going to have a tough schedule and someone else is going to have an
      easy one. Not only can you not predict who is going to be good from
      year to year (and I love parity), you can play a team in week 1 and
      they are the pits, and someone else plays them in week 16 and they
      have improved dramatically (2003 Pats ring a bell?) There's no way to
      rate strength of schedule with any accuracy. Don't know how a seeding
      would work. You'd have divisions with 3 teams in the playoffs, and
      others with none. Maybe that's OK. The way it's set up now, you'd have
      0.500 teams in the playoffs. That makes it a joke. Just my opinion...
    • Buh Buh KEn
      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 1, 2004
        I think we stay at 12 teams because I don't want to see 8-8 teams and even
        9-7 teams in the playoffs on a regular basis. With 4 divisions now instead
        of 3 in each conference there may be a slight overemphasis on winning the
        division, but it makes since as 6 of the games are division games.

        Would I would like to see is keeping getting into the playoffs the same, 4
        division champs and 2 wild cards, but seed them based solely on record. In
        that scenario Tennessee would have been the number 4 seed and Baltimore the
        #5.

        Buh Buh KEn