Kraft on NFL Total Access

  • George R
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 29, 2004
      ***** I was glad to see him plugging hard for a "yes" vote on making Instant Replay permanent. "I hope we never vote on that again in my lifetime", he said. Bravo, Bob!

      ***** I'm also with him on the approval of penalizing teams when players put on those damn "stage shows". He was talking about me when he said, "I think fans want to see the game." Right you are, Bob. If I want to see dancing, I'll go to a theater. In a football stadium, or watching one on TV, I want to see football!

      ***** Finally, he's pushing to get a team in LA, noting that a decent, modern stadium is the key. I'm with him on that too. I used to be against the idea, before DirecTV came along. A team here would have meant only one game per week when they were home. Since I can now watch any game I want on DirecTV, the only affect of having an NFL team in  LA will be that I occasionally get the Patriots in town - sometimes for regular season games, and, of course, for the Super Bowl! Bring it on! The Los Angeles Condors, or Cougars, or ... who cares.

      ** & The Patriots dynasty has begun! **
    • frankdanabrewster
      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 29, 2004
        Mr. Kraft has to be the best owner in the league. I agree with all his
        ideas that you state below. But, I have to disagree with his push for
        more teams in the playoffs. Having 8-8 teams and 7-9 teams making the
        playoffs really cheapens the achievement. Ya gotta earn it! A 0.500
        team hasen't earned it, in my opinion. I think 12 has worked quite
        well, especially since the realignment.

        --- In patriotzip@yahoogroups.com, George R <patsfangr@y...> wrote:
        > ***** I was glad to see him plugging hard for a "yes" vote on making
        Instant Replay permanent. "I hope we never vote on that again in my
        lifetime", he said. Bravo, Bob!

        > ***** I'm also with him on the approval of penalizing teams when
        players put on those damn "stage shows". He was talking about me when
        he said, "I think fans want to see the game." Right you are, Bob. If I
        want to see dancing, I'll go to a theater. In a football stadium, or
        watching one on TV, I want to see football!

        > ***** Finally, he's pushing to get a team in LA, noting that a
        decent, modern stadium is the key. I'm with him on that too. I used to
        be against the idea, before DirecTV came along. A team here would have
        meant only one game per week when they were home. Since I can now
        watch any game I want on DirecTV, the only affect of having an NFL
        team in LA will be that I occasionally get the Patriots in town -
        sometimes for regular season games, and, of course, for the Super
        Bowl! Bring it on! The Los Angeles Condors, or Cougars, or ... who cares.

        > George
        > ** Belichick IS NFL Coach of the Year! **
        > ** & The Patriots dynasty has begun! **
      • Bill Beaulac
        Message 3 of 9 , Mar 29, 2004
          From: "George R" <patsfangr@...>

          > ***** Finally, he's pushing to get a team in LA, noting that a decent,
          modern stadium is the key. I'm with him on that too. I used to be against
          the idea, before DirecTV came along. A team here would have meant only one
          game per week when they were home. Since I can now watch any game I want on
          DirecTV, the only affect of having an NFL team in LA will be that I
          occasionally get the Patriots in town

          And this from a guy that calls some players and agents selfish? :)

          -bill [ PATS 12 ]
        • Randy Z Pierce
          Message 4 of 9 , Mar 30, 2004
            I do not want another team...period.  I do not see any reason for further expansion and thus talent dillution.

            Neither do I wish for any city to lose their team for LA's benefit.  We've almost felt that pain too many  times for me to wish it on others.

            Message 5 of 9 , Mar 30, 2004
              Yeah, your absolutely right. I misspoke myself on the LA thing. I
              remember hearing that LA didn't even want a team. Maybe that has
              changed. If you start to add teams, you'll have to think about
              realigning divisions again. There will be more teams that each team
              doesn't get to play in a season. And, as you said, talent dilution.
              ...and why does Florida have 3 teams, anyway???

              Message 6 of 9 , Mar 30, 2004
                ***** Well, alright. If that's the way you guys feel, just move MY team to LA! :-)

                frankdanabrewster <frank.dana@...> wrote:
                Yeah, your absolutely right. I misspoke myself on the LA thing. I
                remember hearing that LA didn't even want a team. Maybe that has
                changed. If you start to add teams, you'll have to think about
                realigning divisions again. There will be more teams that each team
                doesn't get to play in a season. And, as you said, talent dilution.
                ...and why does Florida have 3 teams, anyway???

                --- In patriotzip@yahoogroups.com, "Randy Z Pierce" <alaric02@s...> wrote:
                > I do not want another team...period.  I do not see any reason for
                further expansion and thus talent dillution.

                > Neither do I wish for any city to lose their team for LA's benefit.
                We've almost felt that pain too many  times for me to wish it on others.

                ** & The Patriots dynasty has begun! **
              • Joseph Theban
                Message 7 of 9 , Mar 31, 2004
                  I'd like to see more playoff teams because if, for example the Pats finish 9-7 but lose the division, and Denver wins the AFC West with a 9-7 record but plays an easier schedule, why should the Broncos go?  There's too much emphasis on a division title.  Just seed all teams.

                  frankdanabrewster <frank.dana@...> wrote:
                  Yeah, your absolutely right. I misspoke myself on the LA thing. I
                  remember hearing that LA didn't even want a team. Maybe that has
                  changed. If you start to add teams, you'll have to think about
                  realigning divisions again. There will be more teams that each team
                  doesn't get to play in a season. And, as you said, talent dilution.
                  ...and why does Florida have 3 teams, anyway???

                  --- In patriotzip@yahoogroups.com, "Randy Z Pierce" <alaric02@s...> wrote:
                  > I do not want another team...period.  I do not see any reason for
                  further expansion and thus talent dillution.

                  > Neither do I wish for any city to lose their team for LA's benefit.
                  We've almost felt that pain too many  times for me to wish it on others.

                  Do you Yahoo!?

                • frankdanabrewster
                  Message 8 of 9 , Mar 31, 2004
                    --- In patriotzip@yahoogroups.com, Joseph Theban <jtheban@y...> wrote:
                    > I'd like to see more playoff teams because if, for example the Pats
                    finish 9-7 but lose the division, and Denver wins the AFC West with a
                    9-7 record but plays an easier schedule, why should the Broncos go?
                    There's too much emphasis on a division title. Just seed all teams.

                    It's a tough call, but until we have a 31 game season, someone is
                    going to have a tough schedule and someone else is going to have an
                    easy one. Not only can you not predict who is going to be good from
                    year to year (and I love parity), you can play a team in week 1 and
                    they are the pits, and someone else plays them in week 16 and they
                    have improved dramatically (2003 Pats ring a bell?) There's no way to
                    rate strength of schedule with any accuracy. Don't know how a seeding
                    would work. You'd have divisions with 3 teams in the playoffs, and
                    others with none. Maybe that's OK. The way it's set up now, you'd have
                    0.500 teams in the playoffs. That makes it a joke. Just my opinion...
                  • Buh Buh KEn
                    Message 9 of 9 , Apr 1, 2004
                      I think we stay at 12 teams because I don't want to see 8-8 teams and even
                      9-7 teams in the playoffs on a regular basis. With 4 divisions now instead
                      of 3 in each conference there may be a slight overemphasis on winning the
                      division, but it makes since as 6 of the games are division games.

                      Would I would like to see is keeping getting into the playoffs the same, 4
                      division champs and 2 wild cards, but seed them based solely on record. In
                      that scenario Tennessee would have been the number 4 seed and Baltimore the
                      #5.

                      Buh Buh KEn