Punting Problem Solved

  • George R
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 15, 2004

      ***** Miller is a proven vet, with his entire 9-year career in a cold weather city. Here's the good news resume from Patriots.com:

      The 6-4, 220-pound nine-season veteran had spent his entire career with the Steelers before being released this offseason when the team signed free agent Chris Gardocki. He comes to New England with 42.9-yard career average and 35.9-yard net average on 572 punts over 122 games. Last season in Pittsburgh Miller punted 84 times with a 41.9-yard average and 36.0 net average. Miller also had 27 punts downed inside opponents' 20-yard line in 2003, with just eight touchbacks.

      ** & The Patriots dynasty has begun! **
    • rob.bosch@rcn.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 15, 2004
        Hey I love the guy already. The main reason? His name isn't
        Ken Walters!!!

        -Rob

      • llj7366@aol.com
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 15, 2004
          And he punted for CFL and went to college in AZ.  He is going to be great.  I am very pleased.
        • gfulti
          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 16, 2004
            Just wondering..... Is Miller the punter who in the 2001 AFC
            championship game had to re-punt out of the end zone and then
            watched Troy Brown(?) run it back?

            - George

            Message 5 of 5 , Mar 16, 2004
              I am sure that he is because he has been there at least 3 years.  But that is hardly his fault or was it?