Did Felger get used to boost Washington's price?

  • Mark/JW
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 3, 2004
      As soon as I saw the Contra Times article this
      mornming (thanks to Miguel) I knew we were in trouble.
      I believe tha the story Mike Felger wrote in the
      Herald on Tuesday was a plant by Washington's agent to
      get Oakland and Rob Ryan to raise their offer. I
      think Oakland had already agreed (because Ryan knew
      what Washington wanted back in November) to meet his
      minimum $8M contract. By leaking the story through
      Felger, they used him to push Oakland into this
      outrageous contract!

      I cannot blame the Patriots for not offering that king
      of contract. Not for a 35 YO, having broken the same
      leg twice in the last two years, and weghing in at ???
      400 lbs.

      I would also like to strangle Michael Smith from the
      Globe for that piece he wrote about Washington's role
      in the harrassment of the 49'ers trainer. I am not
      condoning Washingtons action, but I am questioning
      Smith's motivation for publishing the story. Does
      Smith need to make a name for himself by taking down
      an athlete?

      http://search.yahoo.com