Panther's are a class act.

  • rogue35lk
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 2, 2004
      Man, it is really hard to hate the Panthers. What a class
      organization.

      See below for a note from Peter King's latest article on SI.com

      " I do want to send kudos to the Richardson family for their
      generosity. I don't recall any team, ever, flying every club and
      stadium employee, plus a guest, to the Super Bowl, and including a
      game ticket for all. For Panthers owner Jerry and his son Mark, it
      meant chartering three planes for 400 employees and one guest each,
      plus 800 tickets, plus 400 hotel rooms for four nights each. The
      concessions workers came. The night watchman at Ericsson Stadium
      came. When I saw Mark Richardson Sunday morning, I said: "That's
      really ..." and he cut me off and said, "expensive." He smiled. No,
      I thought. "Worth it" is what I was thinking. What a wonderful
      gesture."
    • cepheus42@yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 2, 2004
        Yeah, I liked them all year, an organization with much the same focus
        and beliefs as the Patriots. Two very classy groups, I'm glad we got
        to play them instead of idiots like the Rams organization and their
        lame fans. :) These were definitely the two best, two most
        DESERVING teams in the league.

        --- In patriotzip@yahoogroups.com, "rogue35lk" <levon.knowles@m...>
        wrote:
        > Man, it is really hard to hate the Panthers. What a class
        > organization.
        >
        > See below for a note from Peter King's latest article on SI.com
        >

        > " I do want to send kudos to the Richardson family for their
        > generosity. I don't recall any team, ever, flying every club and
        > stadium employee, plus a guest, to the Super Bowl, and including a
        > game ticket for all. For Panthers owner Jerry and his son Mark, it
        > meant chartering three planes for 400 employees and one guest each,
        > plus 800 tickets, plus 400 hotel rooms for four nights each. The
        > concessions workers came. The night watchman at Ericsson Stadium
        > came. When I saw Mark Richardson Sunday morning, I said: "That's
        > really ..." and he cut me off and said, "expensive." He smiled. No,
        > I thought. "Worth it" is what I was thinking. What a wonderful
        > gesture."
      • Steve Basile
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 2, 2004
          I'm breathing normally again I've decided I'd really LOVE to see a boring game sometime soon.  Some thoughts, (stealing the bullet format from another esteemed list member)

          • I thought my heart was going to stop.  Several times, including the offensive pass interference call, and of course on Tom's pick.
          • I was looking for the defibrillator several times—including some amazing Cats TD drives.
          • Adam is still my man, even if he is not infallible.  In the clutch, nobody is better.
          • Ken might have semi-redeemed himself with a 50-yarder, and good holding, but he still SUCKS.  We need a punter.
          • At least he didn't kick it out of bounds at the worst possible time.
          • The Poole/Smith matchup was the most lopsided of the night.  Smith is a rocket with great hands.
          • The Cats can pass.  The Pats can run.  Our Defense is nothing short of amazing.
          • Brady has the best post-victory smile I have ever seen.
          • Branch rocks.
          • Vrabel is a near-god.  Seeing his kid on the platform made my heart warm.

          • Gumbel is not bad, but he's no Marv Albert.
          • The pre-game and half time shows were completely forgettable, except for the anthem and Josh Groban's song, both of which were moving.
          • The ads were disappointing overall, with few standouts.
          • The "Fergus" Bud ad (crotch-bite) made me spit out my beer.
          • The Chevy "Holy Sh*t" ad with the kids and the soap was funny as hell,  AND the little blonde IBM Linux boy was in it, with soap.
          • Warren Sapp needs a bar of soap shoved in his yap for the two weeks prior to the game.
          • The Bud "Screaming at the Referee" ad also made me laugh out loud.

          • The best moment of the game: the wild crazy three way hug from Jack and Stan (my Pats buddies here in Austin) as we celebrated the 2nd Lombardi in 3 years and another 60 minutes of amazing football with friends.

          YeeeeeeeHAH!

          Baze

          --

          Steve Basile