Re: [patriotzip] An absolute classic!!!!!

  • rockmaul74@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 1, 2004
      heck yeah great game! so much for that boring defensive show huh? tom brady deserved the mvp this year no doubt. but if i voted i would have branch second and vrabel third. cant wait for the parade and the yearbook video!
    • J. Reynolds
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 2, 2004
        I agree, Tom clearly earned it. 354 yards, 3 td's,
        coming back from a costly interception with a scoring
        drive, then another game winning drive... definitely
        he's the man. I'd make Vrabel a very close second, he
        was the best of our defense in this game and played on
        the goal line offense, scoring a late td. Just
        another amazing example of the kind of versatile
        players the Patriots like to have on their team.

        No... not boring at all. I felt a bit bad for both
        defenses, they were billed as being the best part of
        the game and both pretty much fell apart late in the
        game. I saw alot of slipping around out there by
        defenders on both sides which accounted for quit a few
        of the big passing plays, the league and the Texans
        should be EMBARRASSED to have the game played on such
        a sloppy, nasty field.

        But, as always... the Patriots just had one more play
        then the other team. And that's all that really
        matters. Statistically they were the best team on the
        field, and I'm glad the final score bore that out.
        Kudos to Delhomme for some amazing passes, keeping his
        team in it all the way. And my gameball (but not my
        MVP vote) goes to the Patriots offensive line who
        proved they were easily the match of the best
        defensive line in football and more. The most
        overlooked unit is the one most responsible for
        helping win this game.

        Special acknowledgement to Ken Walters for NOT sucking
        late in the game!!!! ;) He shanked some early, but
        when it mattered in the third quarter, he really
        nailed a damn good punt. I wonder if there will be
        any good punters available in the draft this year
        *grin*.

        http://webhosting.yahoo.com/ps/sb/