Re: [patriotzip] 7 more hours!

  • Steve Basile
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 1, 2004
      Re: [patriotzip] 7 more hours! On 2/1/04 10:28, "cepheus42@..." <cepheus42@...> wrote:

      Damn, this is killing me.  Go Patriots!!!!!

      I am going CRAZY watching pre-game stuff on what seems like 5 sports networks, reading Bossports and a half-dozen other websites, even perusing the Carolina newspaper sports pages in a bizarre effort to overload myself with different perspectives.  Net net: except for punting, we have the edge, and unless we break out early and dominate with a couple quick scores, I see a close game with a field goal, perhaps a TD margin, say 13-7 or 14-10.

      I am way more tense and wound up this time—two years ago seemed like it came out of nowhere—it almost caught me by surprise.  This time we have marched through the season like a juggernaut, overcoming incredible adversity and setbacks, injuries and early losses to claim the title in the AFC.  We are like a velvet hammer—quietly dominant, and consistently underrated.

      I will not be in Houston, but I will be where I was last time we were in, surrounded by my two best Pats buddies and a bunch of friends in front of a huge screen TV cheering the boys on to victory.  Two years ago I postponed a trip to Amsterdam when we made it in.  This year I cancelled a trip to DC—so if changing airline tix and paying a penalty helped our Karma last time—I’m doing it again to keep the superstition alive.

      This is worse than Christmas Eve as a 5 year old.  I CAN’T WAIT!!!

      Go Pats!

      P.S. Oh yeah, and check out the obnoxious “Pat in the Cat” logo on the Charlotte Observer website!!
          http://snipurl.com/47qr  The nerve!

      Baze

      --

      Steve Basile
      Manager

    • cepheus42@yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 1, 2004
        I finally forced myself to relinquish tv rights to the kids so I
        wouldn't wallow in the interminable pre-game coverage any longer.
        Going to play some games online and try and not think about it
        *Grin*. Of course... here I am, posting and thinking about it...

        Two years ago I took off my favorite Patriots cap when the Rams
        scored their second td, throwing it across the room. The Patriots
        then mounted the game winning drive... I wore it a few times last
        year and they always seemed to lose those games. So my superstition
        is to never wear that cap again (though I can't bring myself to throw
        it out, either *lol*).