Patriots have lucked out

  • southwestnut
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 1, 2004
      By getting to play the Panthers. I do think the Panthers are the
      best team in a woeful conference. The only game of their last 4
      that was impressive was the St. Louis game. The last game of the
      regular season the Panthers beat the pitiful Giants 37-24 (doesn't
      seem like a great defense to me). The Cowboys held their
      running "attack" to 3.1 yds per carry. Pourous Philly run defense
      held it to 3.8 yards per carry. Deshaun Foster has a 3.8 yards per
      carry average, injured Stephen Davis is 4.5. Antonwan Smith in the
      past month (against some poor run defenses) has averaged better than
      either of them.

      If Panthers have such a great D-Line why do the Patriots have more
      sacks? (41 vs. 40). The only part of their game that is better is
      the punting and FG are even.

      The Panthers have been beating teams that were beaten by others the
      week before: Saints beat the Cowboys, before the Panthers. Lions
      beat the Rams before the Panthers.

      So I like this talk of how formidable the Panthers are vs. the
      Patriots. When Patriots win in a blowout it will stand up as a much
      more impressive victory.