Retractable Roof

  • Maquala
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 30, 2004
      ***** What's the latest word on the roof - open or closed for the game?

      I heard there is a good chance of rain... not that a little rain would stop
      our boys from punting those kittens around the field.

      24-6
      Hounds
    • cepheus42@yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 30, 2004
        THe plan is still for it to be open unless the weather is inclimate.
        If it rains, they'll close it, it takes about 2 minutes to do so.

        --- In patriotzip@yahoogroups.com, "Maquala" <maquala@c...> wrote:
        > ***** What's the latest word on the roof - open or closed for the
        game?

        > I heard there is a good chance of rain... not that a little rain
        would stop
        > our boys from punting those kittens around the field.
        >

        > 24-6
        > Hounds
      • "Baze"
        Message 3 of 9 , Jan 30, 2004
          --- In patriotzip@yahoogroups.com, cepheus42@y... wrote:
          > THe plan is still for it to be open unless the weather is inclimate.
          > If it rains, they'll close it, it takes about 2 minutes to do so.

          Nope. If it is open at game time it will be open throughout. If it
          is clsed at game time it will be closed throughout. They will decide
          today, and then not change it before the game.

          A mid-game change in roof position combined with a change in wind, for
          example could be construed as favoring one team or another. Or rain
          at the start, followed by a dry quarter, etc.

          Baze in Austin
        • "Baze"
          Message 4 of 9 , Jan 30, 2004
            I am a bit mistaken. The rules I mentioned below are for Texans
            games, but since the field is under NFL control, and is a "neutral"
            field, the NFL CAN change the roof position in the course of the game.

            At present, the plan is for it to be OPEN for the game, though the NFL
            reserves the right to close it due to inclement conditions, meaning
            cold or heavy rain. Forecast is for 66 degrees and only a 20% chance
            of rain.

            It will be OPEN at pre-game time, CLOSED for the Aerosmith show,
            re-opened for the Blackhawk helicopter flyover (jets would go by too
            fast in such a tall stadium) and remain OPEN for the game. So y'all
            will get to see the magic roof in action a few times.

            The details are here:
            http://www.superbowl.com/news/story/7027250

            GO PATS!!!!!

            Baze

          • cepheus42@yahoo.com
            Message 5 of 9 , Jan 30, 2004
              So in other words... I was right. Yeah me! ;)

              --- In patriotzip@yahoogroups.com, "\"Baze\" " <avatar@s...> wrote:
              > I am a bit mistaken. The rules I mentioned below are for Texans
              > games, but since the field is under NFL control, and is a "neutral"
              > field, the NFL CAN change the roof position in the course of the
              game.

              > At present, the plan is for it to be OPEN for the game, though the
              NFL
              > reserves the right to close it due to inclement conditions, meaning
              > cold or heavy rain. Forecast is for 66 degrees and only a 20%
              chance
              > of rain.
            • Steve Basile
              Message 6 of 9 , Jan 30, 2004
                Re: [patriotzip] Re: Retractable Roof-revised Oh yeah I forgot that part...

                CEPHEUS42 was RIGHT!

                On 1/30/04 15:31, "cepheus42@..." <cepheus42@...> wrote:

                So in other words... I was right.  Yeah me!  ;)

                --- In patriotzip@yahoogroups.com, "\"Baze\" " <avatar@s...> wrote:
                > I am a bit mistaken.  The rules I mentioned below are for Texans
                > games, but since the field is under NFL control, and is a "neutral"
                > field, the NFL CAN change the roof position in the course of the
                game.

                > At present, the plan is for it to be OPEN for the game, though the
                NFL
                > reserves the right to close it due to inclement conditions, meaning
                > cold or heavy rain.  Forecast is for 66 degrees and only a 20%
                chance
                > of rain.

                Yahoo! Groups Links

                --

                Steve Basile
                Manager

              • PatsWickedPissah@aol.com
                Message 7 of 9 , Jan 30, 2004
                  In a message dated 1/30/2004 4:33:46 PM Eastern Standard Time, avatar@... writes:
                  At present, the plan is for it to be OPEN for the game, though the NFL
                  reserves the right to close it due to inclement conditions, meaning
                  cold or heavy rain.  Forecast is for 66 degrees and only a 20% chance
                  of rain.

                  It will be OPEN at pre-game time, CLOSED for the Aerosmith show,
                  re-opened for the Blackhawk helicopter flyover (jets would go by too
                  fast in such a tall stadium) and remain OPEN for the game.  So y'all
                  will get to see the magic roof in action a few times
                  **********************
                  WTF?
                  Is George in charge of the roof

                   -p (George = Mr Undecided)
                • Bill Beaulac
                  Message 8 of 9 , Jan 30, 2004
                    From: <PatsWickedPissah@...>

                    > It will be OPEN at pre-game time, CLOSED for the Aerosmith show,
                    > re-opened for the Blackhawk helicopter flyover (jets would go by too
                    > fast in such a tall stadium) and remain OPEN for the game. So y'all
                    > will get to see the magic roof in action a few times
                    > **********************
                    > WTF?
                    > Is George in charge of the roof
                    >
                    > -p (George = Mr Undecided)

                    My bet is that George will be making phone calls from
                    a sports bar, contacting his group leaders and looking
                    for a cheap ticket, at KO time on Sunday.

                    -bill [ PATS 12 ]
                  • J. Reynolds
                    Message 9 of 9 , Jan 30, 2004
                      Thanks! It happens so infrequently I have to savor
                      the moments when I am. Just ask my wife, she'll agree
                      *grin*.

                      http://webhosting.yahoo.com/ps/sb/