Re: NPC - Coaching Pool

  • Doug Penney
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 1, 2004
      I'll take a stab at that...

      Falcons- Lovey Smith (only because I've heard no other rumors here)
      Giants- Romeo C (link back to Parcells)
      Redskins- Dennis Green (what the heck, why not?)
      Raiders- Kirk Ferentz (or insert college HC of choice, that darn Al D)
      Cardinals- Jim Fassel (back to his roots)
      Bills- Charlie W (offense has been the problem here)
      Bears- Tom Coughlin (for the same reason you put him in NY)

      Doug

      --- In patriotzip@yahoogroups.com, George R <patsfangr@y...> wrote:
      > **** OK, it looks like all the chips have probably fallen in the
      NFL Head Coaching positions. A couple of weeks ago, I posted the
      following as my pre-firing predictions:

      > Falcons - Lovey Smith (who better for Vick?)
      > Giants - Tom Coughlin (tough guy for a though town)
      > Dolphins - Dick Jauron (they love Bears failures!)
      > Raiders - Kirk Ferentz (Davis would love his offense)
      > Cardinals - Charlie Weis (he wants a HC job badly enough)
      > Bills - Jim Fassel (his kind of team)
      > Bears - Romeo Crennel (DEE-FENCE for Da Bears!)
      >
      > ***** As we all know now, the Dolphins gave us a present by
      deciding to keep Dave Wannabe as their resident coaching genius.
      Thank you, Wayne. Thank you!

      > ***** In addition, we got a mild surprise with the resignation of
      Stevie Wonder Spurrier. Word had been that he would stay, after much
      earlier speculation that he was a goner.

      > In view of those changes, my prediction changes as follows:
      >
      > Falcons - Lovey Smith (who better for Vick?)
      > Giants - Tom Coughlin (tough guy for a though town)
      > Redskins - Ray Rhodes (A solid choice. No ego battle with Snidely.)
      > Raiders - Kirk Ferentz (Davis would love his offense)
      > Cardinals - Charlie Weis (he wants a HC job badly enough)
      > Bills - Jim Fassel (his kind of team)
      > Bears - Romeo Crennel (DEE-FENCE for Da Bears!)
      >
      > ***** So, anybody up for a "Coach Pool"? Post your your best guess
      at all 7 jobs. I'll keep the record. Winner gets the title of PATS
      LIST FANTASY OWNER OF THE YEAR, AND a photo of Daniel Snyder,
      suitable for framing ... or burning at your ceremonial stump!

      > DEADLINE OF THIS FRIDAY AT MIDNIGHT, ET. If any of them are
      confirmed before then, that position won't count for the contest.

      > George
      > ** Belichick IS NFL Coach of the Year! **
      > ** & your NE Patriots are AFC East Champions! **
    • rogue35lk
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 2, 2004
        Here is my picks

        Falcons- Lovey Smith (Ditto to everybody else)ds
        Cardinals - Dennis Green (more power than with 'skins)
        Redskins - Jim Fassel (stays in NFC East)
        Bills - Romeo C (They love D up in Canada, ah, I mean Northern NY)
        Bears - Charlie Weis (young QB and some good players)
        Giants - Tom Coughlin (too much talk not to happen)
        Raiders - Rick Neuheisel (Seems like an Al Davis type of guy)
      • rogue35lk
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 14, 2004
          Well my picks are shot to hell now. How fast has Fassel's stock
          fallen. You have to feel a little bad for Weis and Romeo, you have
          to figure one or both would have had offers by now if the Pats
          weren't still playing.

          --- In patriotzip@yahoogroups.com, "rogue35lk" <levon.knowles@m...>