Re: [patriotzip] LPC: PlayStation 2 online

  • Bob George
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 31, 2003
      > #1 - If the PS2's adapter is just like a PC adapter
      > you will need a crossover cable to go between the two.
      > It's the same type of cable just wired different.
      > Maybe could be that Staples, Radio shack or someone
      > like that has one.

      Chris,

      Please pardon my ignorance...I run a CAT6 Ethernet cable from my cable modem
      into my PC...is this the same kind of cable that can be run into a PS2
      network adapter? Or is a "crossver cable" something totally different?

      Thanks,

      Bob G
    • astack75@hotmail.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 1, 2004
        I use a cable modem with my PS2. My ISP is Comcast but your setup
        procedures should be similar.
        http://faq.comcast.net/faq/query.jsp?name=17647

        Hope that helps.

        Andrew

        --- In patriotzip@yahoogroups.com, "Bob George" <bobgeorge@b...>
        wrote:
        > We got a PS2 for Christmas. I bought an EA 989 NFL Game Day, the
        same used in the Game Before The Game (Super Bowl). You can download
        current rosters and stats if you get online through a network adapter.

        > However, I have yet been able to connect through my network
        adapter. I have a cable modem through the local Cox Cable company.
        But neither Cox Cable nor PS2 yech support could get me connected. I
        talked to someone at Circuit City and they said that my network
        adapter may be defective.

        > If anyone can help me with advice or whatever, I'd be grateful. Is
        my cable modem too powerful for the PS2? Or do I need another
        network adapter? Please reply off-line, and thanks in advance!

        > Bob George
        > http://www.bossports.net
      • Bob George
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 2, 2004
          Just FYI I finally did get my PS2 online...it took a powerdown of major
          proportions. But when I tried to get my cable modem back to my laptop, it
          took a call to level 2 tech support at Cox Cable to finally get my laptop
          bacl online. I had to get a second IP address through Cox Cable.

          Bob G