Pats Guy plays it Straight with Fab Five

  • PatsWickedPissah@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 5, 2003
      Pats Guy plays it Straight with Fab Five
      By Gayle Fee and Laura Raposa
      Friday, December 5, 2003

      While Bill Belichick is our No. 1 candidate for a ``Queer Eye'' makeover, another member of the New England Patriots may actually get some real tube time with the Fab Five.
           Matt Light, the 305-pound tackle with the weird beard, has volunteered to go mano-a-mano with Carson, Kyan, Jai, Thom and Ted to see if he can go from 72 to GQ!
           ``Someone called from the league who was going to pitch the idea to `Queer Eye' and he asked if we might have a player who was interested,'' said Pats spokesguy Stacey James. ``I said, let me float it by a couple of guys.''
           James said he had Light in mind right from the start.
           ``Matt just has this great sense of humor,'' he said, ``and he seemed like the kind of guy who would just go with it.''
           Turns out, the big guy is a big fan of Bravo's hit makeover show.
           ``He said `I watch that all the time. I'm just what they're looking for. I'm all scruffy and I have no fashion sense.' ''
           Ya gotta love a guy who knows himself!
           Light is also a big hunter and fisherman - in other words, the perfect foil for the urban Prada pushers. He and the Pats are awaiting word from Carson & Co. So do stay tuned.