Re: [patriotzip] Adios Ken Walter

  • llj7366@aol.com
    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 4, 2003
      I know it is a business and that we needed to replace Walters but I have to say that I feel badly about the timing.  How would any of you feel losing your job right before Christmas?  I am not saying that it was not the right move but I still have to say that the timing is lousy.  I don't know that much about his personal life but he probably has a family and it does not seem like it is such a great thing for them.  So ... when we are all going on and on bashing this man that did not have the worst punting average in the league.  Lets try to remember that he is a human being.
      I am not typically a bleeding heart but I think that enough is enough lets let this man go in peace.
    • Steve Basile
      Message 2 of 8 , Dec 4, 2003
        Re: [patriotzip] Adios Ken Walter On 12/4/03 13:42, "llj7366@..." <llj7366@...> wrote:

        I know it is a business and that we needed to replace Walters but I have to say that I feel badly about the timing.  How would any of you feel losing your job right before Christmas?  I am not saying that it was not the right move but I still have to say that the timing is lousy.  I don't know that much about his personal life but he probably has a family and it does not seem like it is such a great thing for them.  So ... when we are all going on and on bashing this man that did not have the worst punting average in the league.  Lets try to remember that he is a human being.
        I am not typically a bleeding heart but I think that enough is enough lets let this man go in peace.

        Yes I agree, the timing is lousy, but it is a business, and he is not in the poorhouse.  According to the NFLPA salary search feature, (http://www.nflpa.org/members/playerProfile.asp?ID=24867) here are Walter's base salaries: $700,000 (2002); $725,000 (2003); $800,000 (2004); $900,000 (2005); $1,000,000 (2006).  There should be prezzies under the Walter family tree I think.

        And while he may not have had the worst stats in the league, he squibbed way too many, shanked far too many and placed poorly.  He was remarkably consistent (in a bad way) in clutch situations, the inverse of say, Brady in the 4th when we are down :-)

        --
        Steve Basile
        Manager
        Message 3 of 8 , Dec 4, 2003
          All he had to do to keep his job was perform. If he had done well
          against the Colts Sunday, he would probably still be in a Pats
          uniform. BB showed uncommon patience with him and he really only has
          himself to blame for being in the unemployment line. I'm sure that
          someone will take a chance on him though at this point I doubt that
          chance will come before next year's training camp.

          Doug

          --- In patriotzip@yahoogroups.com, llj7366@a... wrote:
          > I know it is a business and that we needed to replace Walters but I
          have to
          > say that I feel badly about the timing. How would any of you feel
          losing your
          > job right before Christmas? I am not saying that it was not the
          right move
          > but I still have to say that the timing is lousy. I don't know
          that much about
          > his personal life but he probably has a family and it does not seem
          like it is
          > such a great thing for them. So ... when we are all going on and
          on bashing
          > this man that did not have the worst punting average in the
          league. Lets try
          > to remember that he is a human being.
          > I am not typically a bleeding heart but I think that enough is
          enough lets
          > let this man go in peace.
        • Rob Bosch
          Message 4 of 8 , Dec 4, 2003
            I say good riddance. The guy has already made more money than most of us
            will make in a lifetime. His performance was abysmal. And worse yet, he
            always made a ton of excuses for why he was punting so badly. He ran out of
            excuses when he continued to punt poorly the last two weeks...in domed
            stadiums! That's why reporters could not find him in the locker room after
            the last few games. Good bye Ken. I, for one, will not miss you even a
            little bit. I know next to nothing about the Pats new punter. But what I do
            know is that he is NOT Ken Walter. That pleases me to no end.

            -Pats Freak

          • George R
            Message 5 of 8 , Dec 5, 2003
              ***** Please! Gimme a break with this "How would any of you feel
              losing your job right before Christmas?"  The guy made over $700,000 each of the last two seasons. Do you have any idea how many people will be eating their Christmas dinner at a Salvation Army soup kitchen this year?! Or how many will be eating nothing at all?! I would venture to say that there is no member of this list who has earned nearly $1.5 mil over the last two years. Yet I suspect and hope that all of us will thoroughly enjoy the holiday season. I also suspect and hope that Ken Walter and his family will do the same. He made a significant contribution to our Super Bowl season, and I wish him well for the rest of his life. I just don't want any of it spent screwing up my football team with his horrendous punts!

            • llj7366@aol.com
              Message 6 of 8 , Dec 5, 2003
                Just because he earned all that money does not mean that he is not a human
                being. I am sure that he still feels horrible about losing his job. And that
                is why I said let him go in peace. And he did lose his job, lets just hope
                that he invested wisely.
                Go pats vs. the Phish. See everyone that plans on attending the tailgate on
                Sunday!
                LISA
              • PatsWickedPissah@aol.com
                Message 7 of 8 , Dec 5, 2003
                  In a message dated 12/5/2003 4:27:46 PM Eastern Standard Time, llj7366@... writes:
                  Go pats vs. the Phish.  See everyone that plans on attending the tailgate on
                  Sunday!
                  LISA
                  Yo, I intend to be there Sunday with my season's tix buddy Frank.
                  Should be Wicked Pissah!

                   -p