When In Doubt, PUNT!

  • George R
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 2, 2003
      ***** I couldn't be happier about the release of this dependable screw up! Yes, it is entirely possible that the guy we bring in to replace him may be no better. I doubt that, but it is possible. Even if that happens, however, I will be unwavering - or "unwaffling" - in my statement that this is the right move.

      ***** For me, it comes to the old adage, "Do something, even if it's wrong!" Walter made a major screwup in damn near every game this season. Sooner or later, it was going to cost us a game. Any horrific punt by the new guy, whoever he may be, will just go down in my book as something that Walter would have done anyway.

      ***** So, thank you, Coach Belichick. I loudly applaud your effort to improve this important aspect of our game, whatever the outcome.