Cures? We Don't Need No Stinkin' Curses!

  • George R
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 19, 2003
      ***** Yeah, the Cubs and Sox may have curses. But any evidence that the
      Pats have one was erased forever today.

      ***** This was a game that could easily have been won 13-0 by the Pats.
      The 3 Dolphins scores were set up by two fumbles deep our territory,
      and yet another 20 yard punt by the worst punter in the NFL. (Walter
      MUST have photos of Belichick doin' Parcells, or something!) Then
      Charlie "always run when you should pass" Weis made a VERY "Little"
      move - running the ball TWICE from outside FG range, with less than 2
      minutes on the clock, and no TOs! WTF, Weis?! As it was, only Seymour,
      the Marlin's dirt, and a rare, but beautiful, perfectly thrown deep
      pass by Brady avoided what would have been a heart-wrenching loss.

      ***** It was an outstanding defensive performance by this "smoke and
      mirrors" defense being run by Romeo and Belichick. Well, smoke and
      mirrors ... and RICHARD SEYMOUR!! (Why can't we get players like David
      Terrell?) Of course, those kids in the secondary deserve a lion's share
      of credit also. Is this a bumper crop of rookies, or what?!

      ***** It's always great to get a monkey off your back. This "we can't
      win in Miami in September or October" was a big one.

      ***** Now, we are sitting in the cat bird seat. The Division Title is
      literally ours for the taking. I see no reason why can't expect wins in
      our next two games against the Browns at home, and the "Snake-less"
      Broncos, even in Denver, where yet another monkey awaits eradication!
      Then comes the bye, the probable return of most of our wounded, and a
      very favorable schedule for those final 7 games. Yeah, it's early, but
      I admit that I'm smellin' playoffs already!

      ***** One last thing. Who was that #80 that scored the winning TD.
      That's the first time he's ever done anything big for this team, isn't
      it? ;-)

      =====