Re: [patriotzip] Re: NPC - Can't Let This One Pass

  • George R
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 17, 2003
      ***** Bob, I have to say that I was frequently frustrated for entire
      games by Bill Parcell's insistence on running up the middle for three
      fruitles attempts to get a 1st down, or TD damn near every time he got
      into the RZ. Remember that?

      ***** However, in view of the relative importance of this game, and the
      specifics of the situation that I noted in my original post, I have to
      say that nothing comes immediately to mind that was as clearly evident
      as the right decision as was the need to pull Pedro at one of the two
      opportunities (before or after Matsui's at bat) during that 8th inning
      last night.

      George

      --- Bob George <bobgeorge@...> wrote:
      > > ***** I have to tell you that I've been watching Major League
      > Baseball
      > > for over 50 years, and I have never, in all those years, seen a
      > manager
      > > as totally inept as Grady Little-Dick. His decisions with the
      > pitching
      > > staff throughout the playoffs were outrageously incompetent. Last
      > night
      > > really should seal his fate, and eliminate him from consideration
      > as a
      > > Major League manager forever.
      >
      > George, think carefully. In all your years as a Pats fan, did you
      > ever see
      > a coaching decision in a Pats game as dumb as the one Little made in
      > not
      > pulling Pedro? Personally I can't right off the top of my head.
      >
      > Bob G

    • Bob George
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 17, 2003
        > ***** Bob, I have to say that I was frequently frustrated for entire
        > games by Bill Parcell's insistence on running up the middle for three
        > fruitles attempts to get a 1st down, or TD damn near every time he got
        > into the RZ. Remember that?

        Just thought of one...Parcells kicking to Howard in SB XXXI! Except that
        TRAITOROUS RETCH was probably doing it on purpose!

        Bob G
      • George R
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 17, 2003
          ***** A valid candidate! That play didn't have an "immediate personal
          impact" on me. I was at work (in Shanghai, China) during that game, and
          missed it. Perhaps fortunate for the residents of Shanghai! :-)

          George

          --- Bob George <bobgeorge@...> wrote:
          > > ***** Bob, I have to say that I was frequently frustrated for
          > entire
          > > games by Bill Parcell's insistence on running up the middle for
          > three
          > > fruitles attempts to get a 1st down, or TD damn near every time he
          > got
          > > into the RZ. Remember that?
          >
          > Just thought of one...Parcells kicking to Howard in SB XXXI! Except
          > that
          > TRAITOROUS RETCH was probably doing it on purpose!
          >
          > Bob G

          =====
          George
          ** N E Patriots ....
          Last AFC World Champions! **
        • Monty Rodrigues
          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 20, 2003
            How about kicking off to Howard in the Super Bowl?

            Monty