Today's Game

  • John Warren
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 7, 2003
      First thing today is the impact of Mt. Washington on
      the ability of Buffalo to run. If Buffalo can't run,
      as I suspect then it all falls on Drew Bledsoe.

      Belichek owns Bledsoe. Colvin will have a field day
      on the statue.

      Everyone is comparing the the new safety (whoever it
      is) to Milloy. Wrong ... compare them to Tebucky
      Jones. Rodney Harrison should be compared to Milloy.
      How is it if the Patriots don't have a good D-line and
      other teams are rushing all over them last year that
      the SS has the lowest tackle total since his rookie
      year? Never mind the zero sacks, FR, FF (from a big
      hitter)and INT's. The Patriots will be fine at the S
      position. They might even be better?

      Pats offense vs an improved Bills D. Look for a
      balanced attack and the matchup of Graham vs Milloy.
      This is Grahams time to shine. Brady had a good
      pre-seasom and should do well against the Bills.

      Bottom line --- Pats 24 - Bills 13

      http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com
    • John Warren
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 7, 2003
        I didn't see this coming at all.

        Brady seems to be the one most affected by the
        departure of Milloy. He better get his head out od is
        *&&. The Buffalo defense played great and anticipated
        everything the patriots did. Brady had some passes in
        pre-season tha tshould have been intrecepted, but were
        not. Buffalo didn't miss those opportunities. Brady
        hung that long pass up there so that the defenders had
        time to get back. HE sucked.

        The Buffalo game plan and the Offensive line played
        great ( i willl say there was a lot of holding that
        wasn't called especially on Colvin). The Bills passed
        on 1st down, ran on 2nd and long
        kept Washington on the field for long streches.
        Phifer, Lyle and mcGinest are a waste of roster spots.

        Milloy played a hell of a game for the Bills. Too bad
        he didn't play like us last year. Harrison was all
        over the place making plays. Unfortunately thats not
        a good thing ... it meant that our front 7 weren't
        doing there job.

        Baxter's holding call on ST's is probably not his
        faul;t but the fault of the coach Brad Seely. That is
        a planned play, where a DL grabs the OL tp open up a
        lane for the back to rush in. He got caught. It was
        stupid call on the coaches part. They should of been
        happy with the stop and moved on.

        --- John Warren <packy001@...> wrote:
        > First thing today is the impact of Mt. Washington
        > on
        > the ability of Buffalo to run. If Buffalo can't
        > run,
        > as I suspect then it all falls on Drew Bledsoe.
        >
        > Belichek owns Bledsoe. Colvin will have a field day
        > on the statue.
        >
        > Everyone is comparing the the new safety (whoever it
        > is) to Milloy. Wrong ... compare them to Tebucky
        > Jones. Rodney Harrison should be compared to
        > Milloy.
        > How is it if the Patriots don't have a good D-line
        > and
        > other teams are rushing all over them last year that
        > the SS has the lowest tackle total since his rookie
        > year? Never mind the zero sacks, FR, FF (from a big
        > hitter)and INT's. The Patriots will be fine at the
        > position. They might even be better?
        >
        > Pats offense vs an improved Bills D. Look for a
        > balanced attack and the matchup of Graham vs Milloy.
        >
        > This is Grahams time to shine. Brady had a good
        > pre-seasom and should do well against the Bills.
        >
        > Bottom line --- Pats 24 - Bills 13

        http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com
      • John Warren
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 8, 2003
          What the stat sheet won't tell you is where the
          tackles are made? Phifer was s*&t yesterday, the same
          way he finished last season. I don't want to see
          Harrison with 11 tackles a game. If he does, then the
          Pats are getting smoked because the D is set up for
          the LB's to make the tackles. Most of Phifers tackles
          were down field.

          We can throw Hamilton under that bus too! I didn't
          here is name called after the introductions. No push
          or pass rush either.

          Seymour was quiet too! I noticed on one of the pass
          plays that Drew completed the Bills kept 7 in to pass
          block including the TE.
          --- PatsSteve1@... wrote:
          > > Phifer, Lyle and mcGinest are a waste of roster
          > spots
          >
          > * Phifer was the Pats 2nd leading tackler with 7.
          > Harrison had 11. I don't
          > unbderstand why it was good to dump Milloy because
          > he had no stats last year
          > yet also good to dump Phifer who lead the team in
          > tackles last year and may
          > be on his way to doing it again? Lyle amd Willie
          > are a different story I
          > won't defend.
          >
          > Steve - stats
          http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com
        • Sue Von Iderstine
          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 17, 2004

            Hi Everyone!!!

            I just wanted to say thank-you to all of you who were at the tailgate today for your wonderful hospitality!!!  That was so awesome...I can't wait to do it again.  What a great game!!!  It was so nice meeting all of you.  We just got back home...long ride, but definitely worth it.  Thank-you especially Karen and Zip!!!  See ya soon.

            Have Fun!!!

            Sue
            Blacksheep Creations
          • Randy Z Pierce
            Message 5 of 6 , Oct 18, 2004
              Great to meet you as well Sue.  We certainly are very fortunate with an amazing group of tailgaters. I hope we have the chance to sho a few other list folk and Pats fans a fine bit of Hospitality at the Razor's Edge.  We had folks from Alabama, California, Florida, New Jersey, New Hampshire, Rhode Island,  Vermont, Connecticutt and of course the hosting state... like the danged Isle'of misfit Patsfans!

              Message 6 of 6 , Oct 18, 2004
                I definitely will be visiting the "Isle" again...I shoulda come back after the game...I really needed to debrief after that one...lol!!!

                Go Pats!!!

                Sue