Re: Too many zeroes

  • southwestnut
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 3, 2003
      If that was the concern (the zeroes) than that should have come up
      before 5 days before the regular season starts. Milloy's CAP NUMBER
      was $5.6M, but that's not his salary for the year. What is the cap
      number with Malloy gone? His salary was $4M for the upcoming year,
      perhaps that's too much, but the Patriots SIGNED THAT CONTRACT. He
      hasn't missed a game, hasn't missed a practice, provided character
      and leadership to the team and made the Pro Bowl two times in the
      first three years of the contract. It certainly seems to me that he
      lived up to his end of the contract.

      However, if the Pats were going to let him go than they should have
      given him plenty of time to find another team. That would have been
      the decent thing to do to a player who has given 100% to the
      Patriots over 7 years. And if I am Milloy's agent the first thing I
      do when Patriots talk about "renegotiating" the contract I am
      talking to all the NFL GM's and letting them know what's going on.
      Of course, that probably undermines the Patriots negotiation
      position if they try to market Milloy.

      In all likelihood it was a bad contract (Done by Grier, I believe).
      But the Patriots can not afford to get a reputation for letting
      players go at the last minute when they don't like the contract.

      --- In patriotzip@yahoogroups.com, John Warren <packy001@y...> wrote:
      > I think Jim Donaldson's column in todays Providence
      > Journal sums it up pretty well ...

      http://www.projo.com/sports/jimdonaldson/projo_20030903_03jdcol.33fdb
      .html