Re: Lawyer Milloy - Duce Staley

  • southwestnut
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 2, 2003
      This seems like an incredibly bad move. Its not fair to Malloy who
      was a captain of the defense to cut him at the very end of training
      camp when teams have no salary cap room left. Malloy might have had
      a down year last year, but overall he had performed well for the
      three seasons he was under this contract, he deserved MUCH BETTER
      than to be sent off this way.

      I betchya he ends up a Cowboy.

      --- In patriotzip@yahoogroups.com, Monty Rodrigues <patfan1@y...>
      wrote:
      > I don't know if there's anything to this rumor, or
      > whether it's possible by salary cap navigation. But
      > unless the Pats come up with something, they just let
      > go of a 4-time Pro Bowler for absolutely nothing.
      >
      > Monty
      > --- nmuntz1@a... wrote:
      > > Any thoughts on the theory that the Patriots are
      > > trying to open up more cap
      > > room for the potential arrival of Duce Staley, who
      > > is rumored to be on the
      > > trading block from Philly? Running Back is one of
      > > the up in the air positions on
      > > this team. Few see either Antwaine or Kevin Faulk
      > > leading this team to the
      > > promise laand.
      > >
      > > Admittedly, I am no experts on the ins and outs of
      > > salary caps, so maybe this
      > > would be no factor, but I have hear this theory
      > > floating around already.
      > >
      > > Joe
      > > <A
      > >
      > HREF="http://www.opinionatedjerks.com">opinionatedjerks.com</A>

    • Dave
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 2, 2003
        This is not being fair. This is a classic BB move: I run this team -
        not agents, not players. Period.

        I hope this does not divide our locker room...

        dave
        www.PatriotsWeekly.com

        --- In patriotzip@yahoogroups.com, "southwestnut" <netthreat@c...>