Risky Business (and a prediction)

  • George R
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 1, 2003
      ***** I have to join those who are surprised and/or concerned over the
      cut of Patrick Pass. I was a strong critic of Pass for the last couple
      of seasons. His KO returns showed me nothing but a slow, straight line
      plunge into the first tackler who reached him; and I had seen nothing
      that got my attention in his work from scrimmage.

      ***** That changed dramatically in this pre-season. He looked faster to
      me, and definitely had more movement when he ran with the ball, whether
      on KORs or from scrimmage. I think he should be on this roster behind
      Antowain and Faulk.

      ***** I cross my fingers that neither of them gets injured before we
      can get Cloud (who I do like, BTW) onto the field; because, if that
      happens, our mediocre running game will totally disintegrate!

      ***** I think that either Pleasant, or one of the OTs should have been
      cut, rather than Pass. This is a very big role of the dice by BB, IMO.
      I hope it doesn't come up craps.

      ***** The Ward cut doesn't bother me. Not that he's not a decent backup
      WR. I just think we're OK with 5, and I agree that all 5 should have
      been kept over him. We need the 3 TEs, because we're likely to operate
      with 2 in many sets. Baxter has to be there for insurance, and has
      value as a blocker on running plays.

      ***** But, we are where we are. I certainly like the starting team,
      and, while I do strongly disagree with the Pass cut, I can't go
      completely ballistic over the cut of a backup RB ... unless that
      aforementioned disastrous injury should occur.

      ***** I believe this is the strongest, overall team that BB has had.
      I'll be very disappointed if it doesn't make the playoffs. The
      prediction? I'll go with a very optimistic 11-5!

      =====
      George
      ** N E Patriots ....
      Last AFC World Champions! **