Not Happy With Cuts

  • John Warren
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 31, 2003
      I am not at all pleased with the list that the
      Patriots cut. I think they have left themselves very
      open and vulnerable because of the cuts. They are
      carrying alot of baggage on Defense. The mantrs was
      to get younger and quicker? Lyle, Pleasants,
      McGinest, Izzo ...

      The roster is shifted heavily on the defensive side.

      Breakdown:

      I like Gorin, but Hochsteins versitality playing G and
      C I thought would be the wise choice.

      Can't believe thye couldn't trade Myers

      Keeping Morris, Akins, Harris, Baxter, Davis, Izzo and
      Chatham is like a strting lineup for Special Teams.
      Add the Two rookie DB's too.

      Cutting Pass and Ward was a bad idea. Please don't
      tell me anything about a funble by Pass against the
      Bears. The play should have been whistled dead. Did
      anyone say a thing when Faulk fumbled? No.
      They are going to need a 6 WR because most of the WR's
      are small. Ward did everything they asked.

      Don't be surprised to see 4 or 5 of the players that
      we cut be picked up right away by other teams.

      Baxter, Lyle, and either Morris or Akins should have
      been cut.

      http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com