Media tripping over themselves on Giants

  • southwestnut
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 7, 2003
      ESPN (who generally does a great job) really blew this game. First
      of all Suzy must have spent the entire 1st half on the Giants
      sideline (Barber, Collins, someone else). Many headshots of Fossel
      (sp?), very few of Bellichek. Of course, media falling
      overthemselves about Shockey (who is a very good player).

      I thought Pats defense played great (7 sacks), Klecko was immense.
      Questions still remain for Pats' offensive line and running game.
      Vinatieri showed once again that he was the best kicker in the NFL.
      He even got a ball to the end zoneon a kickoff. Walter did great
      punting the ball as well.

      ESPN said that afterwards that odds on the Patriots making the Super
      Bowl have fallen from 18-1 to 7-1 making them the 2nd favorite in
      the AFC. I presume that the odd shift happened before the playing
      of tonight's game.