Re: What I will be looking for Thurs night

  • BB
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 6, 2003
      From: "John Warren" <packy001@...>

      > OL - I don't care that Strahan won't be playing ... I
      > want to see how our starters work together ... a
      > cohesive unit. Run and Pass blocking.
      >
      > RB - combinations of backs, who is starting, how they
      > do against the 1st team of the Giants.

      Seeing that we play the Giants fairly early in the season, I doubt that
      we
      will see anything more than vanilla plays and schemes.

      > Rookie CB's - this is a huge opportunity and test for
      > them. In camp, it seems the Offense has been getting
      > the better of the Defense. Is that a trend ...

      It'll be interesting to see who can cover Shockey while
      containing Toomer deep.

      > 3-4 & NT's - This shouldn't be a problem for the Pats
      > and I expect they should dominate the Giants 1st team
      > Offense.

      When was the last time our DL dominated anyone?

      > All rookies - I love the 1st pre-season games because
      > you get to see the players that are trying to make the
      > team. Warren, Johnson, Klecko, Koppens and to a
      > lesser extent Kingsbury, Kelley and Nead.
      >
      > Undrafted Free Agents - Stricker and Malan should get
      > an opportunity to show what they have. If not for the
      > Pats then some other team ( or Practice Squad).

      All for the price of a regular season game.

      > Prediction - Patriots in a rout. 1st team vs 1st team
      > in 1st Qtr Patriots lead. 2nd team with Huard at QB
      > Patriots extend the lead. Huard is good enough to be
      > a starter in this league.

      I keep hearing about how Huard can be a starter
      in the NFL, yet, he's a career backup. I wonder
      which QB he'll be backing up next year?

      > Davey in third a draw ...
      > and we might see Kingsbury ... then again we may never
      > see Kingsbury (if they want to stash him on the
      > Practice Squad).

      Do many QBs spend the year on practice squads?

      -bill (Catamounts)