Mrs. B's Annual Training Camp Reports 7/31

  • Karen
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 31, 2003
      Today was the most crowded day at camp to date.  It was also apparent that they were short handed in the security department.  On most days, they have been right on top of people sitting in the front row (reserved for those with disabilities) , standing at the ropes in the bleacher section and creeping up to the grass.  Today, all of those things occurred until Pats security people came by and asked folks to move.  It was Zip's last camp day and the Denver girls accompanied me as well.  I also met up with the cool folks from PatriotsPlanet.com.  Sorry that I missed Ian from patsfans.com when I went over to sit on the grassy knoll.  (Shoulda called me on the cell!)

      Anyway, here are  the highlights for today.  What struck me right away was the sense of urgency in the guys right from the start.  There was lots of grunting and whooping going on even during the positional drills.  Patten was dressed in full pads but spent most of the day running in the far field.  McCrary was also dressed but I didn't see him do anything.  Andruzzi was even dressed in partial uniform today.  Law's get up is the confusing one to me.  He wears sweats and an old practice jersey but actually participates. (?) Go figure!   Bethel, JR and Seymore didn't practice as well as the usual walking wounded crew.

      During drills the WR ran the obstacles then at the end dove and rolled while maintaining possession of the ball.  RBs were hitting the sleds and later the WR were diving into practice dummies right in front of us.   Brady was back to throwing a lot today.  When WR were running routes Troy was Troy!  He made several completions, riling up the crowd.  One awesome catch of note was a left handed one hand grab.  Later however, he was picked by a leaping Asante Samuel on a slightly underthrown Brady pass.  (Asante is have a stellar rookie camp, IMO!)

      It was not a good day for the DBs today as most of the passes were complete during that period.   Antowain, Faulk and Centers saw lots of action today as their corps are dwindling.   Rookie WR Dan Stricker certainly cannot be accused of not putting forth effort.  He's probably a contender for a roster squad spot but he's trying to make his presence known. DB's. Fauria's looking HOT in camp... and I'm not just talking about his looks!!

      During the full squad work, I moved up to the top of the knoll where the sight lines are actually very good.  They worked on hurry up situations and later Adam was splitting the uprights.  The kids were going nuts as the balls were kicked into the crowd on the hill. Everyone was jumping to try to catch them.  (They started booing when the ball boys either caught them or retrieved them and threw them back....lol)   I should have jotted some things down at this point, because I'm confusing what I (think I saw) today with other days so I'm going to leave it at that!

      After practice, the crowds were so huge that the ropes along the endzones actually fell.  I guess it was the LB's turn to sign today because they all did, but many other players signed as well.  I hung around on the hill (literally laid around...hehe) shooting the breeze with the patsplanet folk and got to share in Peg's joy as she  took a picture with HER Ted!!  I can still remember the first time Tedy came over at Bryant, took a picture with me and signed my jersey.... I was awestruck...   Got a kick out of watching David "you know" Patten playing catch with his little guy... quite the athlete for sure!  Andruzzi's and Fauria's kids were running around out there too.  WMG stayed about 45 minutes later and literally signed for everyone on the hill.  I said hi to him and asked him how the folks were... and if Dad was still working out.  He remembered that I always met up with  WMG Sr. in the gym on the road trips.

      Kate and Rehannnen were hoping to catch Tedy again today, and also take a picture with Joe Andruzzi, but neither worked out.  Jacob was in heaven though, because he got lots of autographs on his football but mostly because Bobby Hamilton gave him a glove, then took it back to autograph it before handing it back to him.  It's already framed and has been added to the Pats Shrine!  Here's a tidbit... Colvin's been signing #59.... creature of habit, or confident that he'll we sporting his favorite number as a Pat?

      Mrs. B.  (who REALLY should be doing laundry right now!)

      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Just can't get enough Bruschi?
      Visit
      www.patriotworld.com and
      check out TotallyTedy!
    • Karen
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 31, 2003
        From: "Karen" <PatsFan54@...>
        Rookie WR Dan Stricker certainly cannot be
        > accused of not putting forth effort. He's probably a contender for a
        roster
        > squad spot but he's trying to make his presence known. >

        DUHH... I REALLY should proof read... that should say "practice squad"

        Mrs. B