Mrs. B's Annual Training Camp Reports 7/30 PM

  • Karen
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 31, 2003
      Ok,. folks...not much scoop for tonight's practice.   Guys were in shorts and shoulder pads...  Biggest thrills for me; Lihn from Absolute Brady was there and I got to spend time with my fellow Bruschi Backers, Kate and Rehannen, all the way here from Denver.

      Big question of the day??? Where is Cloud? I didn't see him this morning, nor tonight and didn't even see him as part of the bike brigade.  Hope there's nothing to this story.....  The same guys were out of commission working with the trainers. (Patten, Branch, WMG, Otis, etc.... and Law was a partial participant.) Deion was working with trainers, planting his feet, turning 90 degrees and catching bombs.

      Lots of drills tonight.... Backs were practicing holding on to the the ball while a another player tried to strip it. QB's and WR worked on timing patterns.  Givens was on FIRE again tonight.  Offense worked on Hail Mary's and time outs.  Dedrick Ward made some big plays on 11:11 work..  Antowain got lots of carries tonight. Chathem blocked a punt.  Defense ran another lap tonight then BB talked to them for about 5  minutes afterwards.

      After practice we went to the ropes to try to hook up with Tedy for Kate an Tom Curran recognized us from the TN trip... I was quite surprised.     Tedy came over, as did Adam and Ty Law.. Jacob was a happy camper but is still looking out for that Johnson autograph! Tedy told me to come by with Zip tomorrow since it is his final day at camp.

      Take care... it's very late!

      Mrs. B
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Just can't get enough Bruschi?
      Visit www.patriotworld.com and
      check out TotallyTedy!
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    • Karen
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 31, 2003
        Here's the answer:
        Calf injury keeps Cloud out of practices
        07/31/2003
        http://www.projo.com/patriots/conte...loud.4ad07.html

        FOXBORO -- Mike Cloud was in the hospital yesterday because of an injured calf and missed both of the Patriots' training camp practices.

        It's unknown how this setback will affect the Portsmouth native's chances of making the team.

        Cloud, who seemed to be quick, surehanded and explosive in drills through the first week of camp, practiced Tuesday afternoon and didn't appear to have any difficulties.

        The extent of the injury isn't known. Cloud was said by a source to have been feeling "pressure" in the muscle.

        Belichick did not mention anything about Cloud's injury in his press conference yesterday morning.

        This stands as the latest setback for Cloud in his quest to catch on with the Patriots. After four seasons of seeing limited duty with the Chiefs, Cloud (a second-round pick out of Boston College in 1999) was a free agent.

        But a positive test for steroids in a random drug test administered by the league late last season resulted in a four-game suspension that he'll have to serve at the beginning of this season.

        Cloud said he never knowingly took the performance-enhancer (he contended it was in a protein powder), and the league was sympathetic, but the suspension stood.

        Interest dried up until the Patriots worked Cloud out in mini-camp and then signed him to a one-year deal.

        --TOM E. CURRAN