Re: Stai and Centers: What's not to like?

  • BB
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 28, 2003
      From: "George R" <patsfangr@...>

      > ***** As has been said, these are not spectacular signings. Hell, other
      > than Colvin, what BB FA signing has ever been "spectacular" for us?

      Harrison.

      > these are definitely two solid vets, who upgrade us at their respective
      > positions. What Centers does for us in the Red Zone alone is a nice
      > addition!

      Faulk seemed to be handling what Centers brings us
      in the red zone. Centers is a pure receiver/blaocker at
      this point in his career. I like Centers, and I think he does
      bring some veteran leadership to the team, but I'm not sure
      how much he has left.

      > ***** Piece by piece, we're upgrading this offense enough to start the
      > dream again. I'm expecting a big season out of Graham, putting him
      > immediately into the top 4 with Gonzalez, Shockey, and Heap.

      I like Graham also and I think we can expect a good season out
      of him. However, to put him in the same bracket as Gonzo,
      Heap, and Shockey is a stretch.

      -bill (Catamounts)