Mrs. B's Annual Training Camp Report 7/24 AM

  • Karen
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 24, 2003
      Hey Guys,

          The ever faithful Mrs. B and her boys got up at 6:00am and headed up to Gillette bright and early.  Lots were supposed to open at 7:00 but when we got there at 7:15 they were closed.  We headed down to the proshop parking lot where we knew we could gain access.  Big Al broke out the tailgate gear and we feasted on bacon and eggs in the pouring rain.  Once again, they opened Gillette for the diehards and we watched the practice on the big screens.  The guys practiced on the artificial turf field (which has no bleachers at all) because it's safer in these conditions.  And man it was pouring!! The sun came out for a little while at 10:15...wooohooo!

           Word is out already, but Antowain Smith was suited up today, as was Cloud, Pass, and Woody.  I didn't see Ty Law in uniform nor O-T-I-S or Womack, but once again, I'm at the mercy of the camera operator.  Caught a glimpse of Andruzzi and Kenyatta Jones doing sprints along the sidelines.  Here's my take on the practice.... Kevin Faulk was getting most of the reps out there, followed by JR then Smith and Cloud from what I could see.  Faulk is showing signs of what he brought at the end of last season.  Jarvis Green was out with the first team at nose tackle most of the day.  Graham made an awesome catch over the middle in tight coverage.  My MAN Tedy B made a sweet INT off of JR Redmond coming from Huard.  Davy's looking strong but not as erratic as last season.

      The highlight of the day, drawing the most noise on and off the field was the altercation between Seymour and Light.  They needed to be broken up as a brawl was ensuing.  (Darren's daughter Madelyn remarked that "They shouldn't fight, they need a time out, daddy!" LOL.....  It was too cute!  Givens and Fred Baxter have been looking good.  Dedrick Ward made a nice grab as well.  Deion Branch is consistent and I think he'll do well this year.  (I'm trying to report on the newer guys since it's "news".... You know that Troy is Troy and Brady is looking steady....) Bethel Johnson is really, really, fast.... I haven't seen him drop nay so that's good news!   IMO the rookie who's been really shining and has been on the big screen the most has been Asante Samuel.

      I'm NOT too happy to report that the starting 7 in the 3-4 right now is Hamilton, Green, and Seymour up front with Vrabel, Pfifer, TJ and Colvin as backers..... My Man has been seeing some time, but you know me.... I like to see him in on EVERY down!!  Haven't seen Warren at nose yet, as Klecko has been going in with the second unit.  (Of course, the camera guys don't show everything, so he could have been in but I haven't seen it.)

      After practice, they had a tent set up for autographs where 5 players (Milloy, Pfifer, Branch, and 2 rookies Chas Gezzner and ?) were set up to sign.  The players were sitting at a table and the line was a mile long... They had people filing through, but it was taking forever so they went to plan B and Briggs set up a "corral" with those metal fence things and had fans stand around the sides of it with the players in the middle signing as they walked around.  It resembled more of the signing situation at Bryant when you would stand at the ropes and either get lucky or not... I"m sure they are going to have to rethink the whole signing issue.  (I know that "autograph alley" is a Revs thing but we're talking Pats here!!)  I can't imagine how they'll do it when there are thousands of fans there....  (I wish they would just go back to the way it was at Bryant, right along the field.) We'll find out tomorrow, I guess.  But, if it means leaving practice early to walk over to the area to stand in line, I won't be part of that crowd!  I prefer to watch.

      Jacob got Milloy on a nice proshop pic and I had Deion sign a picture that I took with him at a card show in March.  I took a picture with Pfifer because  I had nothing to have signed but like I said, this may be it for me... I'm not into the pushing and shoving for an autograph.

      Heading out early to tailgate  for tonight's practice... hopefully the sun comes back out to stay and we can finally check out the real digs.

      Mrs. B (plunked down some big bucks at the proshop for Pats bar stools for my Pats Shrine!)

      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Just can't get enough Bruschi?
      Visit www.patriotworld.com and
      check out TotallyTedy!
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    • PatsWickedPissah@aol.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 24, 2003
        In a message dated 7/24/2003 1:29:05 PM Eastern Daylight Time, PatsFan54@... writes:

        Hey Guys,

           The ever faithful Mrs. B and her boys

        Seriously, I cannot say how much I love reading camp reports.
        Thank you for taking the time.

        -phil
      • Bledsoeangie@aol.com
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 24, 2003
                 Sad I wasn't there :( But great report and keep them coming girl!!
        • George R
          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 25, 2003
            ***** Another great report, Karen. You are getting better at this every
            year. Seriously!

            ***** And I dare anybody to tell me where else, in what newspaper, on
            what radio or TV program, at what website, can you get inside tidbits
            like this: "(Darren's daughter Madelyn remarked that "They shouldn't
            fight, they need a time out, daddy!" LOL..... It was too cute!"

            ***** Great stuff, Mrs. B! Keep it up!!

            George