Re: [patriotzip] Re: Pluses, no-ops & stumps

  • PatsWickedPissah@aol.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 23, 2003
      In a message dated 7/22/2003 8:07:54 PM Eastern Daylight Time, patriotzip@... writes:

      Sure although it's only a partial.  For instance you listed only one
      tight end while we had 3.  You listed only two WR while we had a
      handful.

      Regardless of who was playing the position, was the Patriots squad at that position better than most of the league, worse or about average?  Clearly the RB squad was below average, as were several OL positions (may be related).

      I think it's quite reasonable to analyze how much better or worse your positions compare to the rest of the league.  I'm sure the Patriots do.  What they do differently than most fans is that they spend their FA effort not to be worse, rather than going for a top 10 guy at every position.  If you're average, then having a few key guys above average in selected positions, with superior coaching and above average special teams as you suggested, is the key.

      -p