Possible Virus undetectable by McAffe and Norton?
A virus has been passed to me. My address book was infected.
Since you are in my address book, you will probably find it in your
computer, too. The virus (called jdbg.exe) is not detected by Norton
or McAfee Anti-virus systems. The virus sits quietly for 14 days
damaging the system. It is sent automatically by 'messenger' and by
address book, whether or not you sent e-mail to your contacts.
Here is how to check for the virus and how to get rid of it. Please
1. Go to Start, then click your 'Find' or 'Search' option
2. In the folder option, type the name... jdbgmgr.exe
3 Be sure to search your C. Drive and all the sub folders and any
drives you may have
4. Click 'Find Now'
5. The virus has a teddy bear icon with the name jdbgmgr.exe
Do not open it!
6. Go to Edit (on the menu bar) and choose "Select All" to highlight
the file without opening it.
7. Now go to File (on the menu bar) and select delete. It will then
go to the recycle bin. If you find the virus, you must contact all the
your Address Book so that they may eradicate the virus from their
To do this:
1. Open a new e-mail message
2. click the icon Address Book next to 'TO'
3. Highlight every name and add to "BCC"
4. Copy this message and paste to e-mail
Tired of spam? Get advanced junk mail protection with MSN 8.