Possible Virus undetectable by McAffe and Norton?

  • Buh Buh KEn
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 22, 2003
      Everybody!
      A virus has been passed to me. My address book was infected.
      Since you are in my address book, you will probably find it in your
      computer, too. The virus (called jdbg.exe) is not detected by Norton
      or McAfee Anti-virus systems. The virus sits quietly for 14 days
      before
      damaging the system. It is sent automatically by 'messenger' and by
      address book, whether or not you sent e-mail to your contacts.
      Here is how to check for the virus and how to get rid of it. Please
      do this!
      1. Go to Start, then click your 'Find' or 'Search' option
      2. In the folder option, type the name... jdbgmgr.exe
      3 Be sure to search your C. Drive and all the sub folders and any
      other
      drives you may have
      4. Click 'Find Now'
      5. The virus has a teddy bear icon with the name jdbgmgr.exe
      Do not open it!
      6. Go to Edit (on the menu bar) and choose "Select All" to highlight
      the file without opening it.
      7. Now go to File (on the menu bar) and select delete. It will then
      go to the recycle bin. If you find the virus, you must contact all the
      people in
      your Address Book so that they may eradicate the virus from their
      own
      address books.
      To do this:
      1. Open a new e-mail message
      2. click the icon Address Book next to 'TO'
      3. Highlight every name and add to "BCC"
      4. Copy this message and paste to e-mail