Re: [patriotzip] Tickets going on Sale

  • Buh Buh KEn
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 7, 2003
      Holy crap, my first exhilirating experience with buying Patriots tickets! I
      can't believe some of the rules Ticketmaster has. I went to a Ticketmaster
      store and they make you take a ticket and draw numbers instead of first come
      first serve. Worked out for me because I got first dibs. I ended up with
      11th row Titans tickets so I'm happy! Really Looking forward to the
      upcoming season because I am football starved!

      Buh Buh KEn

    • Karen Cardoza
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 7, 2003
        Glad you got tickets!  I tried to get some online and simultaneously on the phone but had no luck.  At 10:01, there weren't two tickets left for the Cowboys game (any price) and by 10:03, the Bills were gone too.  I just tried all of the the others and by 10:08, they were all  gone.  (I didn't try for singles, so there may have been some of them left but I'm not sure.)  Didn't get through on the phones at all... busy, busy, busy.

        I have season tix but always try to get extras so I can bring my son.

        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 7, 2003
          I just went online to get tix too,and to no avail. Is there anyway we
          can get tix w/o paying those high prices from all those after market
          scalpers? Please post some ways . Iam been on the waiting list for
          season tix for a couple years. Congrats to all who got their tix!

          --- In patriotzip@yahoogroups.com, "Karen Cardoza" <bruschifan1@c...>
          wrote:
          > Glad you got tickets! I tried to get some online and
          simultaneously on the phone but had no luck. At 10:01, there weren't
          two tickets left for the Cowboys game (any price) and by 10:03, the
          Bills were gone too. I just tried all of the the others and by
          10:08, they were all gone. (I didn't try for singles, so there may
          have been some of them left but I'm not sure.) Didn't get through on
          the phones at all... busy, busy, busy.

          > I have season tix but always try to get extras so I can bring my
          son.

          Service.
        • Randy Pierce
          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 9, 2003
            The only way I know to avoid paying scalper prices is a bit tricky
            but quite fun. Simply come and tailgate with us on gameday - on the
            day of the game the Patriots release some tickets (where some is an
            amount which varies) due to player returns (usually the opposing
            team). They do this at a set time which formerly was 10:00 in the
            morning. Now the trouble is of course - what to do if you don't get
            them as a line does form and they are generally dispersed quickly.
            The answer is of course many tiered. Some folks find tickets in the
            lots at gameday - in fact I know most folks find them at cost out
            there. You could always watch it on our tailgate TV (which makes
            MOST trips so check with me first) and await our celebratory return
            for more grillin' and tailgatin'.

            There's the best I can do for ya off the top of my head.

            Go Pats! Full Tilt Full Time!!