Re: Have to love that "team" first attitude!

  • Dave
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 6, 2003
      I disagree.
      Belichick is *not* the type of coach who says anything about his
      players. The guy is about as entertaining as a door knob.
      So when he goes out of his way to say something nice about a player,
      he usually means it.
      Smith did show up out of shape for two years, that's for certain.
      Although the first year, we won a SB and he did pretty well for
      himself that year.
      I think that what he said in the press is more an ego thing than
      anything else. He's a pro athlete, and like all pro athletes, he has
      a hard time saying that he is wrong or was wrong. The easy way out
      is to let his ego say crap like "I didn't change a thing to my off
      season work ethic". All that to me is moot when I hear BB praise
      I guess we will see...

      --- In patriotzip@yahoogroups.com, "Dave Hunter" <dhunter3@s...>

    • Randy Pierce
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 7, 2003
        I have not read the articles yet but I wonder if Antoine's comments
        may have been justification for his past 'failings.' More of a "That
        hasn't been my strong suit" rather than an "I have no interest or
        intent in conditioning?" Possible?

        Either way, A. Smith isn't the guy I believe in any longer. He had a
        burst of speed in 2001 which he showcased on multiple occasions and
        for which he deserved considerable credit. Last year it wasn't
        there. Several key moments clinched his problem to me such as Henry
        Ford (300 pound DT) running him down from behind. His OL outrunning
        him on a sweep... Unless there was an injury which is now gone, I
        think Womack is going to beat him out in camp.

        Wolfie posts on this list occasionally and he had a talk with Kevin
        Faulk recently in which Faulk was raving about Womack. For another
        RB to rave about him - there MUST be some impressive things taking
        place. Otherwise I'd have expected Faulk to rave about himself - or
        all of them.