Re: Cut the bastards!

  • John Warren
    Message 1 of 4 , May 19, 2003
      I'd add Compton to your list of cuts. He is just not
      worth the money. For that matter, neither is Milloy
      (return vs investment). Milloy forced no turnovers
      last season and still was named to the Pro Bowl???

      I don't mind paying for performance, but Milloy needs
      to step up this season.

      http://search.yahoo.com
    • PatsWickedPissah@aol.com
      Message 2 of 4 , May 19, 2003
        In a message dated 5/19/2003 2:24:37 PM Eastern Daylight Time, packy001@... writes:

        I'd add Compton to your list of cuts.  He is just not
        worth the money.  For that matter, neither is Milloy
        (return vs investment).  Milloy forced no turnovers
        last season and still was named to the Pro Bowl???

        I don't mind paying for performance, but Milloy needs
        to step up this season.

        ***  I don't cut Compton because we need guards who can play.  I like Neal but jury's still WAY out.  Underperformer Andruzzi could (unlikely) get cut pre-June 2nd if BB and Dante fall in love with one of the kids. (In a manly man sorta way I mean)

        --- PatsWickedPissah@... wrote:
        >Looking at Miguel's page I noticed that there's some
        >benefit to cutting
        >various stumps before June 2nd
        >
        >Compton      $1.2M
        >OTIS       $1.047M
        >Faulk            $715K
        >Hamilton         $710K
        >Pleasant         $700K
        >Huard          $627K
        >Chatham        $610K
        >Kelly            $610K
        >Pass           $610K
        >Andruzzi         $583K
        >Redmond        $550K
        >
        >and sundry others at lesser amounts
        >
        >So, if just a few of these guys were cut, we'd add
        >mondo cap room.  Too bad
        >we don't know who's gonna step up.
        >
        > -p (would say GoodBye to Pass &Kelly now)

      • BB
        Message 3 of 4 , May 19, 2003
          From: "John Warren" <packy001@...>

          > I'd add Compton to your list of cuts. He is just not
          > worth the money.

          I would say that Compton is one of the more valuable
          OLmen that we have on the team. Talent-wise, as
          well as attitude-wise.

          > I don't mind paying for performance, but Milloy needs
          > to step up this season.

          I think that MIlloy may find himself in more of a position
          to play to his strengths of run support and blitzing. Last
          year Milloy had to 'stay at home' more often to make up
          for Tebusty's lack of coverage skills and poor decision
          making.

          I also think that Huard is a bargain at $627K

          -bill [ PATS 12 ]