Cut the bastards!

  • PatsWickedPissah@aol.com
    Message 1 of 4 , May 19, 2003
      Looking at Miguel's page I noticed that there's some benefit to cutting various stumps before June 2nd

      Compton      $1.2M
      OTIS           $1.047M
      Faulk                 $715K
      Hamilton            $710K
      Pleasant            $700K
      Huard                $627K
      Chatham            $610K
      Kelly                  $610K
      Pass                  $610K
      Andruzzi            $583K
      Redmond           $550K

      and sundry others at lesser amounts

      So, if just a few of these guys were cut, we'd add mondo cap room.  Too bad we don't know who's gonna step up.

      -p (would say GoodBye to Pass & Kelly now)
    • John Warren
      Message 2 of 4 , May 19, 2003
        I'd add Compton to your list of cuts. He is just not
        worth the money. For that matter, neither is Milloy
        (return vs investment). Milloy forced no turnovers
        last season and still was named to the Pro Bowl???

        I don't mind paying for performance, but Milloy needs
        to step up this season.

        http://search.yahoo.com
      • PatsWickedPissah@aol.com
        Message 3 of 4 , May 19, 2003
          In a message dated 5/19/2003 2:24:37 PM Eastern Daylight Time, packy001@... writes:

          I'd add Compton to your list of cuts.  He is just not
          worth the money.  For that matter, neither is Milloy
          (return vs investment).  Milloy forced no turnovers
          last season and still was named to the Pro Bowl???

          I don't mind paying for performance, but Milloy needs
          to step up this season.

          ***  I don't cut Compton because we need guards who can play.  I like Neal but jury's still WAY out.  Underperformer Andruzzi could (unlikely) get cut pre-June 2nd if BB and Dante fall in love with one of the kids. (In a manly man sorta way I mean)

          --- PatsWickedPissah@... wrote:
          >Looking at Miguel's page I noticed that there's some
          >benefit to cutting
          >various stumps before June 2nd
          >
          >Compton      $1.2M
          >OTIS       $1.047M
          >Faulk            $715K
          >Hamilton         $710K
          >Pleasant         $700K
          >Huard          $627K
          >Chatham        $610K
          >Kelly            $610K
          >Pass           $610K
          >Andruzzi         $583K
          >Redmond        $550K
          >
          >and sundry others at lesser amounts
          >
          >So, if just a few of these guys were cut, we'd add
          >mondo cap room.  Too bad
          >we don't know who's gonna step up.
          >
          > -p (would say GoodBye to Pass &Kelly now)

        • BB
          Message 4 of 4 , May 19, 2003
            From: "John Warren" <packy001@...>

            > I'd add Compton to your list of cuts. He is just not
            > worth the money.

            I would say that Compton is one of the more valuable
            OLmen that we have on the team. Talent-wise, as
            well as attitude-wise.

            > I don't mind paying for performance, but Milloy needs
            > to step up this season.

            I think that MIlloy may find himself in more of a position
            to play to his strengths of run support and blitzing. Last
            year Milloy had to 'stay at home' more often to make up
            for Tebusty's lack of coverage skills and poor decision
            making.

            I also think that Huard is a bargain at $627K

            -bill [ PATS 12 ]