Re: NPC - The Bill of No Rights

  • BB
    Message 1 of 2 , May 16, 2003
      From: "George R" <patsfangr@...>

      > > hereby try one more time to ordain and establish some
      > > common sense guidelines for the terminally whiny, guilt
      > > ridden, delusional, and other liberal bed-wetters.
      > >
      > > ARTICLE I: You do not have the right to a new car, big
      > > screen TV or any other form of wealth. More power to you

      True, these are reserved for the conservative,
      right-wing, Friends of George Doubl'Ya.

      > > if you can legally acquire them, but no one is
      > > guaranteeing anything.

      This, of course, does not apply to CEOs and such
      of the FoGD'Ya

      > > ARTICLE IV: You do not have the right to free food and
      > > housing. Americans are the most charitable people to be
      > > found, and will gladly help anyone in need, but we are
      > > quickly growing weary of subsidizing generation
      > > after generation of professional couch potatoes who
      > > achieve nothing more than the creation of another
      > > generation of professional couch potatoes.

      Of course, if the economy was not faultering,
      jobless rate rising, and actual work available
      (other than serving the rich at minimum wage)
      this might resolve itself.

      > > ARTICLE V: You do not have the right to free health care.

      Heaven forbid one of the wealthiest countries in
      the western world should keep it's citizens healthy.
      Better to use the $$$ on weapons of mass destruction.

      > > ARTICLE VI: You do not have the right to physically harm
      > > other people. If you kidnap, rape, intentionally maim, or
      > > kill someone, don't be surprised if the rest of us want
      > > to see you fry in the electric chair.

      Does this include innocent Iraqi men women and children
      that are killed and maimed?

      > > ARTICLE VII: You do not have the right to the possessions
      > > of others. If you rob, cheat or coerce away the goods or
      > > services of other citizens, don't be surprised if the
      > > rest of us get together and lock you away in a place
      > > where you still won't have the right to a big screen color TV
      > > or a life of leisure.

      Such as the heads of Enron and their accountants?

      > > ARTICLE VIII: You don't have the right to a job. All of
      > > us sure want you to have a job, and will gladly help you
      > > along in hard times, but we expect you to take advantage
      > > of the opportunities of education and vocational training
      > > laid before you to make yourself useful.

      Such as those fine schools that we have in
      the inner cities? Oh, wait, scholl choice is the
      answer. As if those in the inner cities have
      much choice.

      > > ARTICLE X: This is an English speaking country. We don't
      > > care where you are from, English is our language. Learn
      > > it or go back, for good, to the hole you came from.

      "Give us your hungry, tired, and poor. . ." Why
      is it that other countries throughout Europe
      teach the children multiple languages? Of course
      we Americans expect English throughout the world.

      > > If you agree, share this with a friend. No, you don't
      > > have to, and nothing tragic will befall you if you
      > > don't. I just think it is about time common
      > > sense is allowed to flourish - call it the age of reason
      > > revisited.

      The "age of reason" being "hurray for me an screw
      everyone else"?

      -bill (not slow)