Re: [patriotzip] Re: Pats news from the ProJo

  • PatsWickedPissah@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , May 16, 2003
      In a message dated 5/16/2003 3:57:49 PM Eastern Daylight Time, beaulac@... writes:

      >The Pats defensive scheme, Davis's agent Neil Cornrich said, is one of the
      >reasons he's signing with New England.
      >
      >"Don's a player who eventually hopes to coach and the opportunity to play
      in
      >the most sophisticated defense in the NFL under coaches like Bill
      Belichick
      >and Romeo Crennel was one he didn't want to pass up," said Cornrich, who
      >represents several Patriots, including Belichick.

          It almost sounds like this guy is starting to end
          his career.  Perhaps this year's "retiree"?   :)
          Seriously, Davis is coming out of defenses
          in Tampa and St. Louis, neither of which are
          too shabby in the LB department.  I always
          wonder just how much having the same agents
          comes into play with signings.  Agents are basically
          salesmen working on commission, so do they really
          give the up and up on their player?

      -bill  [ PATS  12 ]

      I think the sole advantage of mutual agents is trust.  That's not a bad one.
      -p