Re: Remaining "best" FA's and RFA's?

  • Randy Pierce
    Message 1 of 3 , May 16, 2003
      Welcome aboard Dave. You do have us in our slowest season though.

      Word on the Pats is they are seeking a Veteran Guard and a Veteran
      Defensive Tackle. There are some choices out there but nobody stands
      out as a great fit. Probably why they aren't here presently. I
      think June 1 cuts will get Belichick and Pioli's next attention
      although there is still an outside chance for Orande Gadson as well.

      John Warren has done a great job with free agent availability and
      signing although his real mastery hss been the draft. Perhaps he'll
      chime in?

      Zip

      --- In patriotzip@yahoogroups.com, "Dave Hunter" <dhunter3@s...>
      wrote:
      > Hi Everyone,
      >
      > First I'm thrilled to be a part of this group as I'm a N.E.
      sports
      > fan and a native of the Northshore presently living in an area of
      > upstate New York. It's actually a lot of fun remaining true to my
      > N.E. sports roots being surrounded by Bill,Jets,Giants,and even
      > Steelers fans. Living here made the S.B. win extra sweet in deed!
      > I was curious as to what everyone's opinions are on the best
      > remaining F.A.'s and R.F.A's availible who'd be a good fit for the
      > Pat's needs? Also, who do you see being availible as of June 1 that
      > the team may target as someone they may want?
      > Thanks for the opportunity to be here!
      > Best To All,
      > Dave
    • John Warren
      Message 2 of 3 , May 16, 2003
        Zip,

        To answer Dave's question, there isn't much left ...
        The free agent class of 2003 was described in an
        article by Len Pasquarelli as "the most shallow FA
        pool since the current system was implemented". Here
        is whats left

        DT
        Santana Dotson
        Sean Gilbert (cut) CAR
        Gilbert Brown (cut) GB
        Darius Holland MIN
        Bernard Holsey NE
        Chester McGlocton (cut) DEN
        Henry Ford (cut) TEN
        Leif Larsen BUF
        Shawn Price SD

        OL
        Genaro DeNapoli TEN
        Ben Lynch SF
        Corbin Lacina MIN
        Brendan Stai (cut) WAS

        Our best bet is to try and work out a tarde with SEA
        to try and acquire Franchise Tagged All Pro LT Walter
        Jones. A sign and trade deal (like Tebucky Jones)
        would work. A 1st round pick next year and another
        player like Klemm would probably seal the deal. We
        have the cap room to make this deal.

        http://search.yahoo.com