Remaining "best" FA's and RFA's?

  • Dave Hunter
    Message 1 of 3 , May 14, 2003
      Hi Everyone,

      First I'm thrilled to be a part of this group as I'm a N.E. sports
      fan and a native of the Northshore presently living in an area of
      upstate New York. It's actually a lot of fun remaining true to my
      N.E. sports roots being surrounded by Bill,Jets,Giants,and even
      Steelers fans. Living here made the S.B. win extra sweet in deed!
      I was curious as to what everyone's opinions are on the best
      remaining F.A.'s and R.F.A's availible who'd be a good fit for the
      Pat's needs? Also, who do you see being availible as of June 1 that
      the team may target as someone they may want?
      Thanks for the opportunity to be here!
      Best To All,
      Dave
    • Randy Pierce
      Message 2 of 3 , May 16, 2003
        Welcome aboard Dave. You do have us in our slowest season though.

        Word on the Pats is they are seeking a Veteran Guard and a Veteran
        Defensive Tackle. There are some choices out there but nobody stands
        out as a great fit. Probably why they aren't here presently. I
        think June 1 cuts will get Belichick and Pioli's next attention
        although there is still an outside chance for Orande Gadson as well.

        John Warren has done a great job with free agent availability and
        signing although his real mastery hss been the draft. Perhaps he'll
        chime in?

        Zip

        --- In patriotzip@yahoogroups.com, "Dave Hunter" <dhunter3@s...>
        wrote:
        > Hi Everyone,
        >
        > First I'm thrilled to be a part of this group as I'm a N.E.
        sports
        > fan and a native of the Northshore presently living in an area of
        > upstate New York. It's actually a lot of fun remaining true to my
        > N.E. sports roots being surrounded by Bill,Jets,Giants,and even
        > Steelers fans. Living here made the S.B. win extra sweet in deed!
        > I was curious as to what everyone's opinions are on the best
        > remaining F.A.'s and R.F.A's availible who'd be a good fit for the
        > Pat's needs? Also, who do you see being availible as of June 1 that
        > the team may target as someone they may want?
        > Thanks for the opportunity to be here!
        > Best To All,
        > Dave
      • John Warren
        Message 3 of 3 , May 16, 2003
          Zip,

          To answer Dave's question, there isn't much left ...
          The free agent class of 2003 was described in an
          article by Len Pasquarelli as "the most shallow FA
          pool since the current system was implemented". Here
          is whats left

          DT
          Santana Dotson
          Sean Gilbert (cut) CAR
          Gilbert Brown (cut) GB
          Darius Holland MIN
          Bernard Holsey NE
          Chester McGlocton (cut) DEN
          Henry Ford (cut) TEN
          Leif Larsen BUF
          Shawn Price SD

          OL
          Genaro DeNapoli TEN
          Ben Lynch SF
          Corbin Lacina MIN
          Brendan Stai (cut) WAS

          Our best bet is to try and work out a tarde with SEA
          to try and acquire Franchise Tagged All Pro LT Walter
          Jones. A sign and trade deal (like Tebucky Jones)
          would work. A 1st round pick next year and another
          player like Klemm would probably seal the deal. We
          have the cap room to make this deal.

          http://search.yahoo.com