Re: [patriotzip] The Off-seson Doldrums

  • rob.bosch@rcn.com
    Message 1 of 3 , May 12, 2003
      Well said George..I concur with u. What I will say is that
      two things need to happen for sure this upcoming season.
      Number one is that Roosevelt Colvin needs to be able to
      pressure the passer. He has certainly demonstratred this
      ability with the Bears, and it must continue here with the
      Patriots. The pass rush was abysmal last year, so I consider
      this an urgent need. Number two, Ty Warren needs to be a
      factor very quickly..especially against the run. I cannnot
      bear to watch many more games like that Pats-Titans game on
      Monday night...where the Pats literally got run over by a
      freight train. Warren...along with some of the other d-line
      additions...needs to get the job done and take pressure off
      of Seymour.

      If these two things happen, I'll feel pretty damn good about
      this upcoming season. Anything else will be gravy as far as
      I'm concerned. If they don't happen, another 9-7 season
      could be in the Pats future..pure and simple. At least
      that's my take.

      -Pats Freak