Re: [patriotzip] The Off-seson Doldrums

  • George R
    Message 1 of 3 , May 12 9:01 AM
      ***** Couldn't have said it better myself, Zip. Well done!

      ***** In part, I think the clarity of our needs, corrective
      actions, and remaining uncertainty are the reason for my
      personal lack of communication throughout this off-season.
      Most of us knew what our needs were going into the
      off-season. The fantastic (IMO) work in FA, plus the
      concentration on our weak areas in the draft, are obvious
      reasons for optimism, but, as you stated, must be proven on
      the field. There was no practical way to improve either the
      OLT or RB situations, so I don't think any of us are
      outraged over the fact that there was no earth shaking
      progress in those areas.

      ***** It's all pretty much a "wait and see" off-season for
      us. The good news has to be that we should all be convinced
      that BB & Pioli have made significant moves to improve the
      areas where improvement was a practical possibility. I
      certainly am convinced of that. One or two more moves may
      await us after June 1. However, with or without such moves,
      I'm feeling good about our chances this year. I just don't
      feel the urge to say anymore than what has already been
      said until we see how it all looks on the field.

      =====
      George
      ** N E Patriots ....
      Last AFC World Champions! **
    • rob.bosch@rcn.com
      Message 2 of 3 , May 12 9:45 AM
        Well said George..I concur with u. What I will say is that
        two things need to happen for sure this upcoming season.
        Number one is that Roosevelt Colvin needs to be able to
        pressure the passer. He has certainly demonstratred this
        ability with the Bears, and it must continue here with the
        Patriots. The pass rush was abysmal last year, so I consider
        this an urgent need. Number two, Ty Warren needs to be a
        factor very quickly..especially against the run. I cannnot
        bear to watch many more games like that Pats-Titans game on
        Monday night...where the Pats literally got run over by a
        freight train. Warren...along with some of the other d-line
        additions...needs to get the job done and take pressure off
        of Seymour.

        If these two things happen, I'll feel pretty damn good about
        this upcoming season. Anything else will be gravy as far as
        I'm concerned. If they don't happen, another 9-7 season
        could be in the Pats future..pure and simple. At least
        that's my take.

        -Pats Freak