Re: Whats it going to cost ...

  • Ram15
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 15, 2003
      - If I had to guess, I bet they try to trade up to #7 and grab
      Kennedy. They could give the Vikings #14 plus other picks. This
      would allow the Vikings to still pick up a quality DL and accumulate
      other picks to fill their needs. The Pats get a wide body DT who
      can stop the interior running game.

      -Harris would be nice addition, but I doubt a quality LT prospect
      will make it to #19. I wouldn't be shocked to see them gamble and
      take McGahee. If they don't take him,I bet he doesn't last beyond
      the Raiders 2 first round picks.

      --- In patriotzip@yahoogroups.com, John Warren <packy001@y...> wrote:
      > ... to move up and take Dwayne Robertson?
      >
      > In my mock draft I have Robertson going #4 (which is
      > exactly where Rich Gosselin has him in his latest mock
      > dated two days after mine).
      >
      > So this is what I propose ... Trade #14, 3rd Rd #75,
      > next years 4th from NO, and 7th Rd # 225 for #4 and
      > take Robertson
      >
      > Trade 4th Rd #120 and 5th Rd # 154 to CIN for the 1st
      > pick of the second day #98.
      >
      > Trade 4th Rd #128 and 5th Rd #157 to DET for 2nd pick
      > in day two #99.
      >
      > #4 Robertson
      >
      > #19 Kwame Harris OT - Young, super smart, huge
      > physical specimen and huge upside.
      >
      > #50 Willis McGahee RB - If he is still available?
      >
      > #78 Kevin Curtis WR - I love this pick, 2nd highest
      > all time on Wunderlic test, very productive career at
      > Utah St, fast (4.3) and plays special teams
      >
      > #98 Nnamdi Asomugha FS - fast, gifted ballhawk,moved
      > from FS to CB as Sr. All Pac 10 FS as Jr. knock is
      > that he sometimes seems uninspired
      >
      > #99 Pisa Tinoisamoa LB - small LB with safety speed.
      > Had 149 tackles as a Sr. Demon on special teams
      >
      > #193 James Lee NT - vastly underrated NT. Could be
      > the steal of the draft at this position
      >
      > #234 Makoa Freitas OG - strong and nasty, 2nd
      > strongest at the combine 36 reps of 225#, over
      > aggressive and takes stupid penalties. Started at LT
      > for two years,played 5 games at LG. Played some C in
      > HS.
      >
      > #239 Malefou MacKenzie FB - strong (bench 445# or 10#
      > less than Freitas/ 100# more than Lee) really another
      > HB at USC but played the FB position. Fast 4.4, good
      > receiver on 3rd down, tough inside runner. Injury
      > history led to 6 yrs of eligibility - will be 24 in
      > Sept.

      > http://search.yahoo.com
    • George R
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 15, 2003
        ***** Sports talk rumor mill out here tonight said we
        (along with a couple of other teams) were talking with the
        Bears to move up for the hot CB. If not, our backup was a
        deal discussion with ... yup, the Cowboys!

        =====
        George
        ** N E Patriots ....
        Last AFC World Champions! **
      • John Warren
        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 16, 2003
          Good to hear from you George.

          Lets hope it not for the "Hot CB" because there are
          some mean medical issues be bounced around about his
          shoulder and nerve damage. I am talking about
          Terrance Newman. The only way Dallas trades out of
          the #5 slot is if they are convinced that Newman has
          physical problems. My problem is that NY Jets will
          offer both 1st picks and get #4 (Robertson).

          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 16, 2003
            Helloooo Newman. Sorry, I couldn't resist a Seinfeld reference. I
            hope that's not their intent if they trade up. Nothing against Newman
            as I've heard great things about him, but if you have a pick that
            high you have to go D-Line or offensive skill position. You can
            still get decent cornerback later in the draft.