Tebucky Jones

  • Dave
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 21, 2003
      This from kffl:

      Updating previous reports, Len Pasquarelli reports for ESPN.com word
      is New England Patriots coach Bill Belichick and New Orleans Saints
      Jim Haslett will get together at some point to see if they can hammer
      something out on a trade for Patriots S Tebucky Jones. Agent Gary
      Wichard and Saints GM Mickey Loomis are close enough to a contract
      accord that a five-year deal could be finished quickly if the teams
      agree on compensation. The groundwork has been laid for a contract
      that would pay Jones about $3.5 million per year. Haslett says Jones
      can definitely upgrade the Saints secondary.

      dave
      www.PatriotsWeekly.com
    • Dave
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 23, 2003
        This from kffl:

        The Times Picayune reports the New Orleans Saints remain interested
        in free agent S Kwamie Lassiter (Cardinals), but they are not
        prepared to meet his $3 million-a-year asking price.
        They will visit with free agent S Lee Flowers (Steelers) next week.

        I wonder if it means that they do not want to pay a safety, any
        safety, that kind of cash, in which case that would mean that they
        will not sign T-Buck, or if they just don't think that Kwamie himself
        is worth that kind of money...

        dave
        www.PatriotsWeekly.com