Re: Tai Streets

  • patriotzip
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 19, 2003
      I'm with you Dave. I don't see Tai Streets as high pick value.
      Perhaps I'm just gun-shy after the Donald Hayes let down? Perhaps
      Street works the routes in a complicated system well enough to
      inspire Weiss to want him? He's not high on my list but I"m betting
      the Pats Brass learned from the DH bluncer.

      --- In patriotzip@yahoogroups.com, "Dave" <dave@p...> wrote:
      > This from kffl:
      >
      > "the Washington Post reports the New England Patriots were
      reportedly
      > negotiating with agent Ralph Cindrich on Monday about restricted
      free
      > agent WR Tai Streets (49ers). The 49ers seem willing to accept less
      > than the first-round draft selection they technically would be owed
      > as compensation for Streets. "
      >
      > I don't know what kind of pick they have in mind for the exchange,
      > but I am not sure I think he is worth it. Playing opposite a guy
      like
      > Owens, I would have expected him to have better stats.
      >
      > Streets is 6'2'', 206 lbs. He is 25, and went to College at
      Michigan.
      > Last year, he had 72 receptions for 756 yards and 5 TDs. He also
      had
      > a fumble.
      >
      > His best games last season came against a win against Arizona when
      he
      > had 8 catches for 90 yards and against St Louis in a loss when he
      had
      > 5 receptions for 53 yards and two TDs.
      >
      > dave
      > www.PatriotsWeekly.com
    • Matt
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 20, 2003
        The Patriots are crazy if they trade for Street. What did we get for
        Terry Glenn? A fourth round pick? He's a fruit but I'd want him on my
        team before Streets any day of the week and twice on Sundays. We have
        two solid possession receivers in Troy Brown and Deion Branch, you
        know that rookie who had over 40 receptions as the teams fourth
        receiver, only a few less than more recognized receivers like
        Stallworth and Antonio Byrant. With Branch as the number 2 David
        Patten could move back to the slot where I think he does best. All
        that aside, the draft has great depth at receiver this year and the
        Pats would be crazy to trade for an average player.