Re: McCollum

  • patriotzip
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 19, 2003
      This potential doesn't please me. He's got too many years and too
      little talent under his belt for me to consider him an upgrade.

      What I think we still most need to consider in Free Agency (in no
      particular order currently):
      Left Tackle - Other than Turley I see no reasonable options
      Wide Receiver - Some potential but more likely in draft
      Fullback - Pass doesn't thrill me as our primary option
      Vet DL of Quality (presumes we draft Rookie stud as well)

      --- In patriotzip@yahoogroups.com, "Dave" <dave@p...> wrote:
      > This from patriots.com:
      >
      > Rams free agent offensive lineman Andy McCollum visited Gillette
      > Stadium today. The team confirmed the visit this afternoon. The
      nine-
      > year NFL veteran started 16 games for the Rams last season and has
      > started every game in each of the last three seasons. Primarily a
      > center, McCollum has also seen time at guard in his 123-game
      career.
      > The lineman played under Belichick at the start of his career when
      he
      > was on the Browns practice squad early in the 1994 season.
      >
      > dave
      > www.PatriotsWeekly.com
    • Dave
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 23, 2003
        While the Pats are reportedly still interested in him, they have not
        offered him a contract yet...

        dave
        www.PatriotsWeekly.com