Patriots sign Tyrone Poole to a 4 year deal

  • Dave <dave@patriotsweekly.com>
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 4, 2003
      One more CB to try and take that spot from OTIS :)
    • Dave <dave@patriotsweekly.com>
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 4, 2003
        One more CB to try and take that spot from OTIS :)

        ESPN called him the "top sleeper FA". I hope that's a good thing...

        Dave
        www.PatriotsWeekly.com
      • George R
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 4, 2003
          ***** Now THIS, IMO, is a bad personnel decision. Poole is
          a journeyman, at best.

          --- "Dave <dave@...>"
          <dave@...> wrote:
          > One more CB to try and take that spot from OTIS :)

          =====
          George
          ** N E Patriots ....
          Last AFC World Champions! **
        • philw1776@aol.com
          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 4, 2003
            In a message dated 3/4/2003 4:45:50 PM Eastern Standard Time, dave@... writes:

            One more CB to try and take that spot from OTIS :)

            It's a scary thing that I am bigger (probably faster too) than several Patriots.

            -philw (oh, and better looking too)
          • George R
            Message 5 of 6 , Mar 4, 2003
              --- philw1776@... wrote:
              > In a message dated 3/4/2003 4:45:50 PM Eastern Standard
              > Time,
              > dave@... writes:
              >
              > > One more CB to try and take that spot from OTIS :)
              >
              > It's a scary thing that I am bigger (probably faster too)
              > than several Patriots.
              >
              > -philw (oh, and better looking too)

              ***** Well, 2 out of 3 ain't bad. ;-) (Yes, that would be
              the first two!)

              =====
              George
              ** N E Patriots ....
              Last AFC World Champions! **
            • Dave
              Message 6 of 6 , Mar 5, 2003
                This from fanball.com:

                Poole returned to football in 2002 after a one-year retirement, and
                he performed well for the Broncos. The Patriots were not always
                pleased with Smith's play in 2002, and Poole is a solid upgrade.
                Assuming that safety Tebucky Jones re-signs, the Pats will have one
                of the top defensive backfields in the NFL.

                dave.
                www.PatriotsWeekly.com