Re: Corey Fuller in Foxboro

  • PatriotZip <patriotzip@yahoo.com>
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 3, 2003
      The best Corner in the world has no passes deflected, no
      interceptions, tackles only in run support... cuz it means teams
      don't/won't throw towards them!

      Certainly those stats have some value but I wouldn't think Otis was
      close to Fuller last year. Now 2001 Otis was ... BETTER ... than Ty
      Law as Otis enjoyed his best season ever. I like the notion of Otis
      at free safety if we could get a quality CB in his stead. Fuller is
      a bit old for my tastes but still a high quality corner.

      --- In patriotzip@yahoogroups.com, "Dave <dave@p...>" <dave@p...>
      wrote:
      > The Pats brought in Corey Fuller for a visit. He used to play CB
      for
      > the Browns. He had 32 tackles, 1 forced fumble, 1 interception and
      8
      > passes deflected last year.
      >
      > For the sake of comparison, Ty Law had 77 tackles, 1 sack, 1 forced
      > fumble, 4 interceptions for 33 yards, and 10 passes deflected.
      >
      > O-T-I-S had 51 tackles, 2 forced fumbles, 2 interceptions for 21
      > yards, and 7 passes deflected. In other words, from a stats
      > perspective, this is not very enticing...
      >
      > dave
      > www.PatriotsWeekly.com
    • George R
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 3, 2003
        ***** You may soon have to change your handle to
        "patriotzip/patsfangr" if you keep up with these posts that
        totally agree with my opinions! :-)

        --- "PatriotZip <patriotzip@...>"
        <patriotzip@...> wrote:
        > The best Corner in the world has no passes deflected, no
        > interceptions, tackles only in run support... cuz it
        > means teams
        > don't/won't throw towards them!
        >
        > Certainly those stats have some value but I wouldn't
        > think Otis was
        > close to Fuller last year. Now 2001 Otis was ... BETTER
        > ... than Ty
        > Law as Otis enjoyed his best season ever. I like the
        > notion of Otis
        > at free safety if we could get a quality CB in his stead.
        > Fuller is
        > a bit old for my tastes but still a high quality corner.
        >
        > --- In patriotzip@yahoogroups.com, "Dave <dave@p...>"
        > <dave@p...>
        > wrote:
        > > The Pats brought in Corey Fuller for a visit. He used
        > to play CB
        > for
        > > the Browns. He had 32 tackles, 1 forced fumble, 1
        > interception and
        > 8
        > > passes deflected last year.
        > >
        > > For the sake of comparison, Ty Law had 77 tackles, 1
        > sack, 1 forced
        > > fumble, 4 interceptions for 33 yards, and 10 passes
        > deflected.
        > >
        > > O-T-I-S had 51 tackles, 2 forced fumbles, 2
        > interceptions for 21
        > > yards, and 7 passes deflected. In other words, from a
        > stats
        > > perspective, this is not very enticing...
        > >
        > > dave
        > > www.PatriotsWeekly.com

        =====
        George